Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
|Print List Price:||£17.66|
Save £14.67 (83%)
House of Darkness House of Light: The True Story Volume Two Kindle Edition
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Read this but was disappointed not by the story but by the delivery of it . Poems , phrases , way too descriptive of places instead of incidents . With proper editing this could be a fantastic read but sadly it is instead difficult to read . Found myself flipping forward as I had already heard parts numerous times before .
Basically borrow it , DO NOT buy it or you will feel ripped off . Unlike most books to film , the film is actually better than the book in this case .
Things I liked:
- This volume was much more readable than the first volume. The author seems to have relaxed and found a style, there are less overused stylistic phrases (message:received, house alive with death, the woman, the man etc), the wordiness has been toned down, and there is less hopping about in terms of timeline. Still some, but less.
- More anecdotal stories are told in this; it mainly hops from occurence to occurence. These parts are very well written and quite absorbing.
- You really get a sense of the house and the land.
- Starts off really slow with far too many poems etc. I almost put it down because of this. Later on, verse introduces and ends each chapter, but you can just skip these, which is better.
- Still hops around a bit and repeats stories. Also mentions people we have never been introduced to, or were introduced to so long ago we have forgotten, such as Billy. Who is Billy? No idea.
- I do think this could have been condensed into one book, as there is a lot of rumination and repetition. It would be more accessible if that was the case.
Summary: Still needs a good edit but better written and complied than the first volume. Very interesting if such subjects are of interest to you.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
A bit too flowery and wordy for my taste, but her radio shows on Coast to Coast am were great. It's a shame the book wasn't written in a more concise and compelling way, as the... Read morePublished 4 months ago by Sue
Loved all Three Books in this series, of a family whose lives were Transformed by Supernatural Events that Occurred in and around a home that they Dearly Loved, How these... Read morePublished 6 months ago by Amazon Customer
A roller coaster of a read. Cannot be rushed as the content is such you need time to digest. BrilliantPublished 7 months ago by Martin Richards
After reading the first one I was looking forward to the next, it was a good read but some parts were a bit boring, I wanted to hear about the family and the house and some parts... Read morePublished 10 months ago by Donna
very interesting and heart wrenching story, this is a true tale and will send shivers down your spinePublished 13 months ago by moonwolf
A gift for my mum. A very large and detailed book. Nice print and it came on time and packaged well. Very pleased.Published 20 months ago by Laura