Horse Behaviour Explained: Origins, Treatment and Prevention of Problems Hardcover – 1 Dec 2003
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
…the photographs and line drawings are of very high quality and are used very effectively…a useful and user-friendly text.
―Irish Veterinary Journal
This book is a welcome combination of the scientific and the practical…it would be hard to think of a behavioural problem which cannot be found in this book.
―Equine Behaviour Forum
From the Back Cover
A general guide to understanding horse behaviour, how the horse learns and how horse handlers can adjust their behaviour to avoid creating anxiety in the horse. The author begins by providing an overview of the evolution of the horse and the consequences of domestication. She goes on to provide a very detailed description of normal equine behaviour and its impact on husbandry and training. This is followed by the causes of abnormal and undesirable behaviour in the stable, handling and when being ridden. The author links difficulties arising from the management of horses today with the natural behaviour of the horse and recommends therapeutic, as well as training, methods for horses exhibiting behavioural problems.
The central theme of this book is prevention or cure of undesirable behaviour through understanding making this book useful to anyone who routinely works with horses, and is concerned with equine well being.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Home & Garden > Animal Care & Pets > Horses
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Behaviour
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Physiology
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Education > Teaching Aids
- Books > Science & Nature > Food & Farming > Animal Husbandry
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Education > Teaching Aids
- Books > Science & Nature > Veterinary Science
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Biology > Animal Sciences
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Veterinary Science