Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£0.99

on 22 April 2017
The story starts with a race called Tauraxon's testing a device that had been locked away on the planet Hope for centauries, The Tauraxon race are hell bent on being the ruling race over all others in the milky way and will stop at nothing to achieve this goal.
Cut to Earth and meet Jack Norton, a school boy who feels he is destined to save the Earth from destruction, (to reduce this review down I will only give bare details) Jack is abducted and taken to the Planet Hope where he joins the Hopite people.
Jack returns to Earth along with some Hopite agents as they believe that the Tauraxon's are up to something?.
That is all I will give you about the story, but there are a couple of things that did annoy me?
1) One minute we are travelling around the Milky way and then we are on Earth, this felt like it was a different story completely, I had to check that I was still reading the same book.
2) jack had an implant put into his head to enable him to communicate with other agents, he was told to practice with this so he could learn how to communicate without speaking.
3) When is Jack and the rest of the crew using this form of communication as it is most times not clear, I feel italics while talking via this implant would of been a bitter way of indicating when this was used.
Apart from that not a bad story but could of been improved especially with comment 3 above.
Still a good story and worth a read, the ending is a cliff-hanger so be warned
on 15 September 2012
Good series, the First Hope book takes time to set the initial ground work for the main character, so stick with it till the SF actualy kicks in, book II, flies from page one, and keeps surprising you with additiona twists some left unexplained in the book expect some of these may be explained or lead to new twists in future books.
I read these two books as free samples but I can assure you I would happly pay for book II and future books in this series if they keep up the pace of II.
on 13 July 2012
I thought that both books in the hope saga were amazing. i read both books within two days as i couldnt put them down without knowing what happened next. cant wait for the next book.
on 13 March 2012
I really liked this book and was enamoured with the main character Jack a young boy from the 1940's (he was too diligent and studious to be a modern boy). The story stayed through his early teen years and you watched him mature into a young man during his adventures. I know this was the first in a series of book but it is really annoying when the author finishes the book on a cliffhanger. If you want the end to the story you must buy the next book!! Be more confident in your writing abilities and let the reader decide that they enjoyed the book enough to WANT to buy the next episode!!!
Kim
on 10 October 2012
good book, interesting storyline, looking forward to reading the rest in the series
Keep it up Chas, we are reading your books.
on 28 November 2013
'Hope' is such a suitable title. It's refreshing to read in today's world. You really get caught up with the characters and don't want to stop reading. This was my first e-book experience, having been reluctant to try it, and it has me hooked. Have already downloaded the next book in the Saga. Also great to see it has been professionally written without the myriad of errors that are so common today.
on 5 May 2013
I usually read historical novels but felt like a change and thought I'd try some science fiction. I really enjoyed the story the move from Earth and back and once back the places Jack and the team visited. I'd been to most of the areas described and could add my own colour to that of the authors. Suffice to say I enjoyed it enough that the 2nd book has already been downloaded and started.
on 22 October 2013
I really enjoyed this book, and will be getting the other two in the sequal. The vastness of the galaxy and all the fractions within it are on a path to war. Can someone from Earth in the aftermath of the Second World War find a way to peace. Well written and a bargin at the price. Entertaining with variety and imagination.
on 30 July 2015
Found this book via the author on Twitter. So glad. Couldn't put my Kindle down, much to my husband's annoyance! ;) Original storyline which grabbed my attention. I'm going to purchase Part 2 asap and read it on holiday.
on 30 November 2016
Wasn't sure at the beginning but then pace changed in the second part and appreciated where the plot was going. Going to get the next in the series as first was a good 5 star