Customer reviews

on 6 May 2017
This book continues the saga of Jack Norton and his friends, Nearly all of Earths People have been killed and Jack and some of the other characters have made it back to Hope, Jack is taken under the wing of the elders who are training him as an agent.
The second book reads a little better than the first in my opinion, Jacks friends and Jack himself end up scattered across the Milky Way Trying to gather information about who and what nearly destroyed Earth and most of the people.
For me it is to far fetched for my taste?.
I might try the third book, I have other books on my reader, so it may be some time before I get around to it.
Worth a look but you will need to read the first in the series to understand what is happening.
on 15 September 2012
Good series, the First Hope book takes time to set the initial ground work for the main character, so stick with it till the SF actualy kicks in, book II, flies from page one, and keeps surprising you with additional twists, some left unexplained in the book, expect some of these may be explained or lead to new twists in future books.
These two books were free but I can assure you I would happly pay for book II and future books in this series if they keep up the pace of II.
I would recomend you read them in order but as I said book one does take time to actualy kick off, guess it was the writer developing his format but book II is excelent.
Look forward to more of the same.
on 4 February 2017
I purchased this book after reading the first one in the series. By comparison Hope 2 is far more complex and bloody. It has a lot of confusing activity whose purpose in the overall plot is sometimes hard to fathom. Jack, as before, is a hero but only a small part of the text is devoted to it.

Furthermore we have a number of deaths. Planet earth is decimated, beings millions of years old die for no apparent reason and androids are also killed off.
on 22 December 2013
Hope II has a very smooth follow-on from Hope I which not many saga books achieve. I was impressed by the first book which engages you with the characters very quickly but I didn't expect to be sympathising with androids in the second book. The author's imagination is amazing and you get so caught up in the adventures you can't help it. Can't wait to read Hope III to read what more adventures are in store for Jack Norton, and us!
on 20 February 2013
A very enjoyable series of books. As the first one ended, I found myself really looking forward to the second, and now cannot wait to start the third instalment.

An excellent storyline with strong characters. I find the characterisation of the android's very interesting.
on 15 September 2013
Enjoyed reading this book after reading vol 1. Good choice of characters, only fault, which was a small one, was it jumped about to much towards the end.
on 5 August 2015
Love these books. Starting Part III immediately. The adventures of Jack Norton are so readable and exciting. Recommended to all sci fi fans.