- Paperback: 120 pages
- Publisher: Summerhouse Press; Rev ed. edition (11 Nov. 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1887714332
- ISBN-13: 978-1887714334
- Product Dimensions: 15.2 x 0.7 x 22.9 cm
- Average Customer Review: 2 customer reviews
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
3,127,710 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #885 in Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Complementary Medicine > Traditional Medicine & Remedies
- #4072 in Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Complementary Medicine > Herbal Remedies
- #5251 in Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Other Branches of Medicine > Pharmacology
Hoodoo Medicine: Gullah Herbal Remedies Paperback – 11 Nov 2011
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
I am a medical anthropologist who has conducted original research in African American communities in the U.S. and Caribbean, as well as working on social and health policy issues throughout my professional career. My current research interests combine anthropology and genealogy. Hoodoo Medicine: Gullah Herbal Remedies was the first book to fully document and preserve the use of traditional medicines by the Gullah of the Sea Islands. The Gullah have a unique history among African Americans because of their strong legacy of African traditions. In addition to Hoodoo Medicine, I have co-edited several authoritative reports through the National Academies Press (National Academy of Sciences). I have a doctorate in Medical Anthropology from the UC Berkeley-UC San Francisco joint program. My dissertation research, which sparked my interest in policy, was on health care (from "bush medicine" to the best doctors) in Jamaica.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com