HooToo® HT-WR01 Wireless N Signal Repeater and Range Extender, (300 Mbps 802.11 b/g/n Access Point / Repeater with WPS Button)
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
HooToo® - Future Network For Today
- Frequency: 2.4-2.4835GHz
- Support Wireless Repeater Mode and Standard Access Point Mode
- WPS - Conveniently establish secure connections with the press of a button
- Built-in Antenna, up to 35ft. Wireless 802.11 B/G/N up to 300Mbps
- Set up via RJ45 hardwired or wireless enabled devices: 192.168.10.1
- If you come across a window asking you to type pin code during setup, click "Connect to the network without setting it up" on the previous window to avoid this pin code.
- To achieve best performance on repeater mode, you may move your HT-WR01 to different locations according to your need. We suggest you make sure the wireless router signal which the repeater receives is strong (ideally around 80%).
- Extends signal range HORIZONTALLY, not vertically
- Warranty & Support: 12 months, limited; 24/7 email support
- 1 x HT-WR01
- 1 x Network Cable
- 1 x Manual
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
All around the house the upload and download speed from the device is not as good as that from the Virgin box. The signal shown on PC's and phones is better, but the connection speed is far worse.
Setup isn't straightforward or easy either!
Cannot think of a situation where it would help unless you want to take a line feed to a PC which doesn't have a wireless adapter.
Very disappointing. Good idea poorly implemented.
DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT.
|Length: 0:10 Mins|
The video may seem rather silly but it is just to show the repeater unobtrusively plugged in and flashing its little lights to show it is working.
I asked for this Wi-Fi repeater as although I have generally good signal strength in the conservatory the signal strength drops right of and often my internet connection drops out. Using "inSSIDer" to measure signal strength I was getting a reading of -86 compared to -50 (the less negative the better) in the lounge. After plugging the repeater into the lounge mains socket and setting it up I got a reading of -42 in the conservatory, although this is early days it is a vast improvement and transfer speeds remained the same, about 36Mb download and 9Mb upload.
BUT although this does everything I wanted it to do, hence 5*s, remember that it is not dual band and only works in the 2.4 GHz band.
I did have slight problems installing it and getting it to initially connect. I am using Windows 8. This was a result of me not reading the instructions accurately I missed the bit about "connect to the wireless network `Wi-Fi repeater" and jumped straight to enter 192.168.10.1 into the address bar. In total it took me about 15 minutes to set up, had I read the instructions properly I doubt if it would have taken me more than 2 or 3 minutes.
It also has a RJ45 Ethernet socket and can be used to either make a wired LAN into a Wi-Fi one or by cabling from a wireless router use it to extend Wi-Fi coverage to an entirely different area. I did try this mode and although not as straightforward to set up also worked well. I have only tried this with Windows but the instruction book also gives information for MACs.Read more ›
It powered up and LEDs lit, but other than that it wasn't working
- No WiFi signal was being transmitted. Instructions state you should see SSID "WiFi-repeater" but I could not see this or any other SSID coming from the device
- No access to unit via Ethernet port. Instructions state default IP address is 192.168.10.1, but it did not respond on this address and using WireShark it could be seen that absolutely no data packets were coming out of the units Ethernet port.
- Reset button didn't help. Instructions do not really cover use of reset button. Tried pressing it; pressing and holding for several seconds & pressing and holding whilst device booting up, all to no avail
Returning item for refund
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Configured it, used it for 5 minutes then confined to my draw of tech stuff that doesn't really workPublished 5 months ago by Pen Name
The web page it takes you to in order to set it up (again) has expired. Therefor no longer usablePublished 13 months ago by C S Ralph
Intermittent and not the easiest to set up. We changed Routers and now cannot reset it to pick up the new one!? Not the best.Published 18 months ago by RICHARD IAN JONES
Not happy with this product as it did not work at all. Waste of money.Published 19 months ago by Gordon