Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
|Print List Price:||£6.00|
Save £4.01 (67%)
Honour, Heels and Headscarves: Real-Life Stories of Women from Istanbul Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
However, the women's stories only take up about 45% of the book because the other 55% of the book, which i did not expect but i understand why it needed to be referred to, refers to the History of Turkey and its Governments. This is where it is difficult to read and quite boring to read. Apart from the obvious, I found it hard to see how the historical stories that were used actually related to the women's experiences. The History/Government practices needed to be explained in a way that can be understood. Thus because I could not understand this Author's way of writing, I did not get to understand the Governments ideologies which I know from elsewhere are very controversial but this Author did not make it any easier to read or understand.
More women's stories would have made this book better and much less of the history lesson that was written in a way I could not understand. And still have very little understanding of.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews