Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Fitbit

Honorverse - Storm from the Shadows

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 16 Jan 2009, 15:05:06 GMT
G. Coale says:
Downloaded this on ebook from the Baen library. I thinks its Weber's best for ages.

Posted on 18 Feb 2009, 10:16:18 GMT
I have also read this in electronic form from Baen, and really enjoyed it. This book is a great addition to the series. Any readers new to the series might be glad to know that Baen give away the first few titles in the series free of charge to get readers "hooked". They certainly got me hooked that way and I have gone on to purchase many books published by them, both in paper and in electronic formats.

Posted on 5 Mar 2009, 21:27:29 GMT
This book is good, but is the joining story in a three book series and unfortunately fails in that it leaves the reader hanging. A pity but I look foward to the conclusion.

Posted on 7 Mar 2009, 13:43:16 GMT
N. Keane says:
This is a book about meetings; long meetings, very long meetings and with conversations; very long conversations. A great deal of discussion and less action. I've read everything of Webers' and this is my least favorite. Bring back the earlier style; with less in-depth politics and more action.

Posted on 9 Mar 2009, 10:04:13 GMT
Don't know if the publishers have put the official release date back after initially giving Amazon a number of copies. My copy arrived on about 7th March, just after the original planned publication date - came on here to do a review and was surprised to see it's now not supposed to be released for another week.

I loved "Storm from the Shadows" but a lot of people won't.

Like "War of Honor", it's another book filled with plotting and manouvering rather than battles. It is also much easier to follow if you've read "Shadow of Saganami" and "At all costs," preferably several times.

If you liked "War of Honor" and have already read "Shadow of Saganami" and "At all costs" you'll probably love this. If you didn't like "War of Honor" you'll probably hate this one.

Also note that this book has a cliff-hanger ending. If you don't like being left stranded in the middle of a story and waiting several months to know what happens next, you may be well advised to wait a few months until you can order it with "Mission of Honor" and read the two books consecutively.

Posted on 13 Mar 2009, 01:23:22 GMT
Peter S says:
I can understand Nicholas' comments, I felt this way too. As a fan of the Harrington series I was a little disappointed with the pace of the storyline. I didn't really understand the need for so much of the 'political scene setting' and find it all a little boring.
Most people buying this book will know all about the Honorverse, if this was the first book I read from the series I would have not bothered looking at others to be honest.

I will however continue buying them and look forward to the next one. In the meantime it might just be time to start back at Basilk Station ;)

Posted on 1 Aug 2010, 15:29:56 BST
Paul Tapner says:
I found War of Honor very slow early on but as that one built I just couldnt put it down. This one wasn't quite the same. It just sagged in the middle. Only events around page nine hundred really lifted it. I'm sure it's an essential chapter in the whole story and it had to be told but it wasnt the most entertaining one.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  16 Jan 2009
Latest post:  1 Aug 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

This discussion is about
Storm from the Shadows (Saganami)
Storm from the Shadows (Saganami) by David Weber (Hardcover - 5 Mar. 2009)
4.2 out of 5 stars (19)