- Format: Kindle Edition
- File Size: 544 KB
- Print Length: 91 pages
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 150784817X
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Sold by: Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00GOJN4OU
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Average Customer Review: 2 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #785,971 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
|Print List Price:||£4.61|
Save £2.41 (52%)
Homophobia: The Ultimate Guide for How to Overcome Homophobic Thoughts Forever (Gay Rights, Homosexuality, LGBT, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender) Kindle Edition
|Length: 91 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled|
Kindle e-ReadersKindle Fire TabletsFire Phones
- Similar books to Homophobia: The Ultimate Guide for How to Overcome Homophobic Thoughts Forever (Gay Rights, Homosexuality, LGBT, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender)
Enjoy unlimited access to over 1 million titles and thousands of audiobooks on any device for £7.99 a month, including this one. Learn more
Top Customer Reviews
As always, I am intrigued by the psychology behind it all and what makes people tick so I appreciated being able to see what exactly homophobia is defined as being and where it stems from, and its roots. One chapter even covers different types of homophobia - I wasn't even aware of such a thing.
My favourite chapter would have to be chapter 3 where I was presented with the ideas that it is possible to `cure' homophobia; a thought which had never really crossed my mind before. Alas, the book continued to show where fears in general come from and how to go about tackling homophobia in light of that and where the roots of it may be in a person. I think Lincoln might just be onto something.
The author has done a great job at taking a humungous topic and condensing it down into an easily accessible read on an often daunting and often avoided issue. You can tell that Lincoln has done his research and gleaned the most essential parts.
Personally, I found this book to be fantastic from an almost `case study-esque' approach, and I learned rather a lot. I believe this book could teach many people new things that media often leaves us ignorant of and think it would benefit those without homophobia just as much as those who turn to this book's pages as a self-help guide. In my opinion this book is most certainly recommended.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Gay & Lesbian > Political & Social Issues
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Specific Topics > Sexual Behaviour
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Gay & Lesbian > Nonfiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Self-Help & Counselling > Psychology > Sexuality