Customer reviews

At Home in Thrush Green
Format: Paperback|Change

on 14 April 2017
These books are best read in order. 13 in total. The wealth of characters is delightful and the simple human philosophy which permeates all these diverse persons touches a chord with us all. No violence, no extreme situations, just a peep into ordinary people and the daily life we would all love to have.
on 17 August 2017
Absolutely love miss reads books I ant wait for the next
on 26 June 2017
Another good Miss Read
on 8 March 2001
If you want nostalgia, and something to give you happy thoughts as you go to bed, then read Miss Read's stories of Thrush Green, the characters are charming. I couldn't put the book down as I became so involved with the villagers goings on, I needed to find out more about their lives. Having the Thrush Green stories is like having a gentle soap opera to hand.
on 18 October 2010
Excellent series as are all Miss Read series. A way of life I remember only too well in my childhood and the whole is well penned describing life just, as indeed, it was. One cared about the characters and it's good to know that when the last page of the last book(penned by the author herself) was turned over, all the characters were not gone but simply within the covers of those books to open again whenever one wanted.
on 5 May 2010
Countryside, birdsong, home grown veggies bartering, If you cant do it yourself do the next best thing, Let Miss Read guide you into this world; very easy reading, book as described delivered promptly, best value.
on 2 March 2016
Another Miss Read treasure! I loved this book, actually I love all her books, tales of country life, no sex, no murders just pure pleasantness from beginning to end.
on 31 January 2013
I love Miss Read books. They are always well written, gently amusing and as a teacher, I can personally relate to many of the stories. A bit of gentle escapism.
on 27 March 2013
Once again I have been carried off to a gentle time and really enjoyed myself. I am looking forward to reading more about this small village.
on 1 June 2015
Once More Miss Read weaves her "Spell" and gives us interesting storylines with believable characters. A good read.