Customer reviews

Home for the Holidays is a novella that was previously published in the Bite Before Christmas anthology but that is now also available as a separate ebook. If you haven't already read the anthology then it is well worth picking up this fabulous story and at 99p in the UK Kindle store for 150 pages I consider it quite a bargain.

I don't want to go into too much detail about the plot because it would be too easy to give spoilers but fans of the series will love seeing Cat and Bones prepare to spend the holidays together. As you'd expect nothing ever runs smoothly for this couple though and Christmas is no exception so this isn't a typical holiday read. Cat actually finds herself working closely with Ian to protect Bones and their friends from an unusual enemy and I have to say I LOVED their interactions. As much as I adore Cat and Bones Ian has always been a favourite side character so it was great to see him play such a central role in the story and this just made me even more eager to see him star in his own book (please, please, please let Jeaniene Frost write one for him in the future!!).

We get to find out a lot more about Bones's past and there are some interesting new characters introduced but the best thing is getting to see all of the characters we're already familiar with. I'm so sad that this series is coming to an end with Up from the Grave but I know it's one I'll be rereading again in the future and the additional novellas just add a little something extra.
on 22 December 2013
I chose this rating as Jeaniene Frost is one of my favourit authors and she had delivered a real brilliant story line once again, I have read everyone of her books so far and everyone is better than the last and I have no hesitation in recommending it to anyone.
on 30 December 2013
Jeaniene Frost has over the last year become my favorite author. There is only one criticism that I could possible say about this book and that is simply that it was too short, I wanted to keep reading but ran out of pages.
on 5 November 2013
I read this book last year when it came out in an anthology with Lynsay Sands -The bite before Christmas, A real full story well worth it at under a £1, buy it if you love Cat, Bones and Ian.
on 5 January 2014
All the usual characters from the Night Huntress series come together with a little holiday cheer. It is of course just a short story so not on a par with the main Night Huntress stories - just a little taster.
on 5 February 2015
Another gripping story from Jeanienne Frost. Love all the books in this series and couldn't stop reading this one. Would have preferred it in paperback as not a big fan of reading e-books.
on 17 May 2014
Love the characters and hope to see more of them in the future. The night huntress series is just one of the best book series i have read in years.
on 10 November 2014
If you are a fan good story but you need to have read previous stories in the series to fully comprehend the story line.
on 12 March 2014
Excellent book - the entire series is fantastic! Couldn't put these books down. I've started reading them a 2nd time!!!
on 14 April 2015