- Also check our best rated Biography reviews
A Home Front Diary 1914-1918 Paperback – 15 Jan 2014
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Lille Scales was aged forty-six at the outbreak of war and was living with her husband in Hornsey Lane, north London. Both were lifelong diary keepers. As they had no children, they felt it their duty to house Belgian refugees, and their family and business connections with Australia led to them opening their home to ANZACs as well.
Lillie Scales great-nephew Peter Scales adds an introduction and editorial notes to her wartime diary. He lives in Faringdon, Oxford.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Historical > 1901 Onwards
- Books > Biography > Historical > Britain > 1901 Onwards
- Books > Biography > Historical > Britain > Military
- Books > Biography > Historical > Britain > Social & Urban History
- Books > Biography > Historical > Countries & Regions > Europe
- Books > Biography > Historical > Social & Urban History
- Books > Biography > War & Espionage > World War I
- Books > History > Europe > Great Britain > 20th Century
- Books > History > Military History > World War I
- Books > History > Social & Cultural