Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.23

on 15 December 2013
The synopsis gives a good summary of the story so I won't repeat what's already written there. The main thing is what the book made me feel about the characters at different stages of the book. My favourite character was Quinn and I really felt for her situation. I found myself getting intensely frustrated with the others who sympathised with Maureen and kept telling Quinn to forgive her sister's betrayal of eloping with Quinn's man, Robert 10 years earlier. It was expecting a lot of her even if it was Xmas,the fact that the culprit was Quinn's sister and the event occurred 10 years earlier. Then as you finally do start feeling that Maureen got her just desserts and probably did Quinn a huge favour by marrying the smarmy Robert and so start feeling some sympathy for her, the story then takes another turn. I then found myself getting frustrated with Peter and his emotions which were all over the place, confusing and upsetting Quinn all over again. This has to be a good book if it made me feel like this about the characters! At least the ending was the way we all would have liked and predicted.
on 18 December 2013
I'm sorry, but when a book finishes at 82% then proceeds to give you "tasters" of the authors New books it always leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

The story was basic and rushed, would I recommend? Probably not. Will I read any of the authors other titles? Definitely not.
on 30 December 2012
Truly beautiful story.

One of heartbreak land then ending in happiness. Would highly recommend. Once I started reading I couldn't put it down.
on 7 January 2013
Nice easy read, although don't buy it expecting to be a "Christmas" story. I thought the ending was fairly predictable.. Still, I enjoyed it!
on 4 January 2013
Really good book, just read it and you will know why I love this book. Totally deserves the five stars.
on 8 February 2014
A lovely feel-good romance!
When Quinn is picked up from the airport by Peter, their feelings of dislike are mutual. Both are consumed with bitterness caused by events from the past.
As the story develops, so do their feelings.
It isn't original and the storyline is very obvious but it is well written and perfect for dark, cold winter evenings. I enjoyed it.
on 5 December 2013
I really enjoyed this and found that the issues were handled with realism. it ended rather abruptly however, and the last 20% was a preview of another book.

I tried another of her books based on this one but that was very old fashioned, with a mean hero and a weak heroine so I can't recommend her other books, but this one was very good.
on 13 December 2013
Well written. Family jealousy, soul searching and new beginnings of putting things right. CULMINATING with Quinn and Peter announcing their marriage on Xmas morning. This book leaves you with an inner 'glow'.
on 24 January 2014
really liked reading this book, wish it had an epilogue, felt the ending was a bit rushed, apart from that a good read, looking forward to read more books by this author.
on 9 January 2013
A good easy read with a bit of everything, romance, sadness and happiness. Although you could see what the outcome was going to be it kept you wanting to read more.