Customer reviews

on 16 November 2001
Being an owner of the Holt's Battlefield guide to the Ieper (Yper) Salient I must say that I was shocked by the long wait for other guides at Amazon.co.uk as these are very good and popular guide books.
Anyway about the book, having worked on the War graves of the Ieper Salient for some years I often saw both first time visitors and hardened enthusiasts using this guide. Having obtained a copy myself I was pleasantly surprised to find that it contained facts and insights into the area and its history that had not come to my attention, even after some years living here. It also provides clear guide routes for new comers to the area, pointing out the main points of interest along the way.
To sum up this guide is the best available, that I have read, for the first time visitor to the Ieper Salient and remains a usefull reference guide to those gathering more knowledge later on.