- Format: Kindle Edition
- File Size: 9320 KB
- Print Length: 416 pages
- Publisher: North Atlantic Books; 1 edition (29 May 2012)
- Sold by: Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B007QMWAF8
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Not Enabled
- Average Customer Review: 21 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #150,518 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
|Print List Price:||£17.99|
Save £9.08 (50%)
Holistic Anatomy: An Integrative Guide to the Human Body Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I am fairly familiar with the sciences and have been studying anatomy and physiology as part of my uni course, and this book, though not as in-depth as my text books, provided something they didn't - it helped link up and fill in gaps surrounding my other knowledge, giving a good grounding, looking at the body in a way that brings love and awe, and even giving ways of living a more healthy, balanced life (did you know that studies have shown paracetamol to make the flu last days longer? Now I know!)
I also like all the little deviations from mainstream science: studies done at the fringes and traditions of other cultures. This to me seems so important in a world where often only a very limited and limiting perspective is given.
So overall, I think my knowledge and life has been in someways enriched by reading this book.
This book is fantastic; I have read it like a novel devoured from front to back. I love Pip Waller's style of writing keeping it interesting and applicable all the way through.
Her depth of knowledge on the human body, health and spirit clearly comes across -what a total pleasure.
I am using it as a text for my students and I am sure many will learn and grow from reading this wonderful book.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Excellant book, totally readable for any layman with no medical jargon. Refreshing.Published 2 months ago by Little Owl
This book makes anatomy learning a delightful journey through body and mind - and easy to understand and connect with. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Trainlady
Great book. Very informative but much easier to read than boring text books!! :)Published 15 months ago by sparkkle
Great delivery time, lovely condition. Just what I needed for my course and the best value I could findPublished 16 months ago by bluebird
Not as holistic as expected... General anatomy with a holistic overviewPublished 23 months ago by J Lennon
Arrived on time, and a brilliant read. Not disappointed at all, I would recommend you read this if you are training to be a massage therapist and need to understand A&P a lot... Read morePublished on 14 Dec. 2013 by Marsha Thomas
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Complementary Medicine > Holism
- Books > Science & Nature
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Basic Medical Science > Anatomy
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Basic Medical Science > Physiology
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health & Fitness > Alternative Medicine
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Professional & Technical > Medicine > Alternative & Holistic
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Professional & Technical > Medicine > Basic Science
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science & Maths > Biological Sciences > Anatomy