- Enjoy £1.00 reward to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 reward per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug [DVD] 
|Additional DVD options||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Rent||Buy|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
The second of three epic instalments in director Peter Jackson's blockbuster prequel to 'The Lord of the Rings' trilogy. Set in Middle-Earth 60 years before events in 'The Lord of the Rings', the story follows the adventures of Hobbit Bilbo Baggins (Martin Freeman), who, at the instigation of the wizard Gandalf (Ian McKellen), suddenly finds himself co-opted into joining a company of 13 Dwarves led by Thorin Oakenshield (Richard Armitage) to help reclaim the lost kingdom of the Lonely Mountain from the clutches of Smaug the dragon (voice of Benedict Cumberbatch). In this film, while Gandalf heads south on his own, Bilbo, Thorin and the Dwarves enter the treacherous Mirkwood Forest on their way to the mountain. When they reach Lake-town Bilbo will have to perform the role he was assigned at the start of the quest - to find a secret door that will lead him to the lair of the dragon...
- New Zealand: Home of Middle Earth Part 2
- Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug: Trailer 1
- Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug: Trailer 2
The hobbit Bilbo Baggins, the wizard Gandalf and 13 dwarfs, led by Thorin Oakenshield, continue their journey to reclaim the Dwarf Kingdom of Erebor. Along the way, they encounter the skin-changer Beorn; giant Spiders of Mirkwood; Wood-elves led by Legolas, Tauriel and King Thranduil; and a mysterious Man named Bard, who smuggles them into Lake-town. Finally reaching the Lonely Mountain, they face their greatest danger--the Dragon Smaug.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Other scenes that were cut include a much longer trek through Mirkwood. with the sickly magic in the air affecting the dwarves much more strongly, a scene of the dwarves crossing Mirkwood's enchanted river, with Bombur falling in, additional stuff in Lake-town (showing the town's discontent with the Master and his thugs), and most significantly, a change to Gandalf's side-quest to Dol Guldur. In this version, Gandalf runs into Thrain, Thorin's father, in Dol Guldur, and the two attempt to escape together.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews