VINE VOICEon 27 April 2012
I bought this a few months ago and at the time the price was greatly reduced so it was quite a bargain and worked out to be just over £1 a movie. I see the price has increased significantly now. There are 14 movies in this set, most of the well known Hitchcock's are here:

The Birds
Rope
Vertigo
Psycho
Torn Curtain

And perhaps some of the lesser familiar movies like:

Saboteur
Family Plot
Shadow Of A Doubt
Topaz
The Trouble With Harry

Topaz I had never seen before and it was a really enjoyable movie. This is a great collection overall, not a bad movie in the set.
5 people found this helpful
on 18 February 2017
First of all i love the range of ultimate Hitchcock films put in here!
I feel this is conplemented by the thin, but secure and decorative DvD cases.
The films play perfectly, but my only negative is that the box itself is made of weak paper material, making it very weak and keep finding myself fixing it back together, every time i open it up
on 14 April 2018
Several of these dvds don't work as they are in the wrong region. Others have been set up in other languages that make it impossible to select original language and other menu basics. Very disappointed as I bought it for my son who os a huge Hitchcock fan and so far we've only been able to watch one. I want a refund!
on 20 June 2014
This is a great set for the Hitchcock fan, there are bound to be more complete sets out there but with 14 films this set has pretty much every movie you should see when you want to watch Hitchcock at his best.
2 people found this helpful
on 22 February 2009
This boxset contains 14 of Hitchcocks 53 films and most of his best Hollywood work from the 40s to the 70s.The classic period psychological thrillers from the mid 50s (Rear Window) to the mid 60s (Marnie) are particularly fine-This set is also a history of film making as it shows how the changing tastes of audiences affected his style(Alas!).14 of the greatest directors finest works,well presented and packaged,and each with highly entertaining,often humorous,trailers and documentaries,and all for under £20: It`s a bargain!
7 people found this helpful
on 12 November 2012
Like many fans of thriller and suspense, i had seen the work of Alfred Hitchcock, but only to some degree. I read the product description for the box set, and i saw many film titles that were new to me. I knew that being the work of a master director, i would get films of class and style. The collection gives a great insight into the style of Hitchcock, and the thriller genre.
on 7 December 2016
Excellent collection with only two main titles missing - Strangers on a Train and North by North West.
Good quality item.
on 22 January 2012
I cannot really add much more than what has already been said. If you want to explore film and have yet to discover Hitchcock than you could do no better than starting with this box set.

It is the sort of box set that would even make a wonderful birthday gift. A geat starting point for those of you who want to enjoy some of the greatest films ever made.
on 29 July 2015
Hitch was and still is my favourite director master of suspense and this set is only part of his collection it is very good recently got the rest of his movies so I nearly have his full collection
on 19 February 2015
I thought I was a Hitchcock fan, but after watching this I'm not sure.
He made some great films (Psycho, The Birds and Rope being the best) but a lot of dull and very long ones too.