- Amazon Students Members Get an Extra 10% Off Selected Books Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Save 10% on Books for Schools offered by Amazon.co.uk when you purchase 10 or more of the same book. Here's how (terms and conditions apply) Enter code SCHOOLS2016 at checkout. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
A History of Spain (Palgrave Essential Histories Series) Paperback – 30 Jun 2009
Save an extra 10% with Amazon Student*
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'Clear, comprehensive, up-to-date - Barton's text is an incisive and accessible introduction for students and others interested in Spanish history'
-James W. Brodman, University of Central Arkansas, USA
'This leading synthesis of Spanish history now analyzes events since 2004. Students and teachers will also welcome a number of new quotations, maps and figures'
-Bethany Aram, Professor of Spanish History, International College of Seville, Spain
A revised and expanded new edition of a successful text which brings the story up to date and includes discussion of recent events, such as the 2004 Madrid bombings and the 2008 general electionSee all Product Description
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
There was no detail, no description of the times and I didn't get a feel for how the average Spaniard actually lived. The Spanish Armada is dismissed in a paragraph - maybe the book is too small to pack in this sort of detail.
I may have been spoilt by Peter Ackroyd's recent Foundation: The History of England Volume 1 (History of England Vol 1) - which is a wonderful history book - full of detail (and very few Kings!).
Disappointing book - I shall have to look for something with less of Gove-Style facts and more Ackroyd-Style detail.
Yes, it does get a bit confusing between 750 and 1500, but that's the way it was at that time, with 5 or 6 kingdoms changing constantly.
If you are not an academic and just want a better idea of Spain's history this is a good read.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
A first rate purchase. Exactly what I was looking for - a comprehensive and interesting history of Spain written with great attention to detail.Published on 23 Aug. 2013 by Denise
A great read! This book was brilliant, I found it highly informative without being boring like some history books are... Read morePublished on 4 Jan. 2010 by H. Choudhury
A well written,comprehensive and fascinating overview of Spanish history.Excellent.A History of Spain (Palgrave Essential Histories Series)Published on 29 Dec. 2009 by R. Jones
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Ancient History & Civilisation
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Anglo-Saxon 500-1000
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Black Death
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Early British & Roman Britain
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Early Modern 1501-1700 (Tudors, Stuarts, Commonwealth, Restoration, Glorious Revolution)
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Ireland
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Norman and Medieval 1001-1500
- Books > History > Essays, Journals, Letters & True Accounts > Classical, Early & Medieval
- Books > History > Europe > Pre-500
- Books > History > Europe > Spain
- Books > History > Europe > Vikings, Dark Ages, Medieval Europe 501-1500
- Books > History > World History > 501-1500
- Books > History > World History > Pre-500