- Also check our best rated Biography reviews
A History of the Royal College of Nursing 1916-90: A Voice for Nurses Paperback – 1 Jun 2009
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
About the Author
Susan McGann is Archivist for the Royal College of Nursing of the United Kingdom. Professor Anne Crowther is Senior Research Fellow in the Centre for the History of Medicine, University of Glasgow. Dr Rona Dougall is a Researcher in the Public Health Resource Unit, NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde
Top Customer Reviews
The chapters are:
1. Foundations, 2. Consolidation, 3. The struggle for influence 1930-45, 4. Nursing and the National Health Service 1945-50, 5. The work and training of a nurse, 6. The 1960s: a decade of discontent, 7. A professional union, 8. Nurses, managers and politicians.
It is a well researched book and the authors include notes with the sources they have used. It is illustrated with many black and white photos. Recommended.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Historical > 1901 Onwards
- Books > Biography > Historical > Britain > 1901 Onwards
- Books > Biography > Historical > Britain > Social & Urban History
- Books > Biography > Historical > Countries & Regions > Europe
- Books > Biography > Historical > Social & Urban History
- Books > Biography > Medical, Legal & Social Sciences > Medical
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Biographies & Histories > Biographies & Memoirs
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Ancillary Services
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Nursing
- Books > History > Europe
- Books > History > Social & Cultural
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Education Studies