- Save 10% on Books for Schools offered by Amazon.co.uk when you purchase 10 or more of the same book. Here's how (terms and conditions apply) Enter code SCHOOLS2016 at checkout. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
A History of the Mind: Evolution and the Birth of Consciousness Paperback – 1 Jul 1999
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Exceptionally readable, and packed with fascinating psychological information and ingenious speculation. -- The Guardian, 4 June 1992
Humphrey is one of that growing band of scientists who beat lierary folk at their own game. -- Daily Telegraph, 26 July 1992
Humphrey's distinctive prose is the golden bowl in which his ripe and shining theories are held. -- The Sydney Morning Herald
No other theoretical psychologist is so accessibly clear, and at the same time so provocatively philosophical. -- The Observer, 8 August 1993 --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
About the Author
Nicholas Humphrey, Professor of Psychology at The New School for Social Research and Research Fellow in Philosophy at the London School of Economics, is a distinguished theoretical psychologist widely known for his work on the evolution of the mind. He is the author of Leaps of Faith, Consciousness Regained, and The Inner Eye.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Internal Medicine > Neurology & Clinical Neurophysiology
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Schools of Thought > Evolutionary Psychology
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Evolution
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine
- Books > Science & Nature > Popular Science > Human Biology > The Brain
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Biology > Neuroscience
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Philosophy
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Psychology Textbooks