Customer reviews

on 26 November 2013
Having enjoyed a week of film music during a specially featured week on BBC radio and TV, I decided I wanted to know more about it. Together with this book and I tunes I have developed a new enthusiasm. The book is highly readable and divided into chapters that enable one to read about various aspects without going from start to finish. It sits on my coffee table and I regularly dip in for more information. There is a lot to discover and this informative and entertaining has opened the doors to, for me, a new and rewarding aspect of music.
on 5 February 2015
Got this book as part of my course and it is really useful! It covers MOST aspects of WESTERN culture with a side reserved for India snd Japan but otherwise a very coherent account of film music. Though a background knowledge in the theory of both film and music studies (though not essential) is recommended in order to get a better grasp of it.
on 3 April 2014
This book clearly outlines different genres of film music, and it is worthy to read. Some of the chapters are even useful to academic writing.
on 26 February 2017
If your a musician and are into film soundtracks, and want to find out about early music, and how it has evolved within the film industry, then this book is for you. It spans from early silent films in the 1800s to modern times. Highly recommended.
on 25 November 2016
Essential reading for my MA!!