Histories: Bk. V-VII (Loeb Classical Library) Hardcover – 1 Jul 1989
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Herodotus was a Greek historian who was born in Halicarnassus, in Asia Minor, in the fifth century B.C. Called the Father of History, he wrote the first comprehensive attempt at secular narrative history, long considered the starting point of Western historical writing. The focus of his Histories is the Persian Wars, but he includes fascinating digressions on the histories of Bablyon, Egypt, and Thrace, as well as studies of the pyramids and various historical events. He was the first writer to evaluate historical, geographical, and archaeological material critically.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Ancient History & Civilisation > Greece
- Books > History > Countries & Regions > Asia > Middle East > Iran
- Books > History > Essays, Journals, Letters & True Accounts > Classical, Early & Medieval
- Books > History > World History
- Books > Poetry, Drama & Criticism > Essays, Journals & Letters
- Books > Poetry, Drama & Criticism > History & Criticism > Literary Studies