on 13 March 2017
The flaps do not roll down flat and curl up thus not keeping my ears warm. The front peak constantly bends out of shape and falls down and obstructs my field of vision. The hat has an adjustable strap at the back but it cannot be loosened enough without the strap itself protruding outwards because there is insufficient velcro to enable it to adhere flat. It is warm and weatherproof
on 19 November 2016
Great hat. Have Lowe alpine Mtn Cap, but unwilling to pay £30-00 + for a spare. This is a classic. Similar design and light. Not heavy material like Triplepoint, but great and is waterproof. Breathes reasonably well, and even my LA one was full of moisture on a cold day from perspiration. Not sure any hat can totally manage the heat which the head generates. Wear a hat in winter because that is where most of the heat is lost. Very true, hence the build up of perspiration. If you expect Miracles then you will not get them in any outdoor clothing. This does what is designed to, at a reasonable price with a quality finish. Versatile hat that does what others do for an extra £20-00. Would recommend and buy again. Just remember you will always get some perspiration around the forehead and side of the head owing to the tight fit.The erst of the hat keeps you warm and does not hold moisture and, When you stop the hard effort of a mountain ascent this moisture will disappear after a while. I have a 56cm head and bought the Small/Medium [here sized as Medium]. Fitted nicely.
If you really want something waterproof and less warm skin is just that. Be reasonable in your expectations!
on 26 November 2015
I'm a 58cm size head and the hat fitted perfectly. The hat is nicely made, good quality and would seem as it would be waterproof; I never managed to wear it past trying it on as I returned it. Sadly the hat did not look or feel as I wanted. It is slightly shaped narrower at the top and the peak is too small and floppy despite the wire apparently inside it. Perfect for the warmth and to do the job it is designed to do along with being lightweight too but just not the look I liked when it was on my head. Its not a dual fashion and functional item; its purely functional in my opinion hence the three stars. 5 stars for functionality.
on 22 March 2017
This is a very good hat for the price. Not as good as the much more expensive ones like Berghaus but for the price you cannot go wrong. When I couldn't find my other hat I bought this in a pinch as we were going camping in the woods and I needed the hat the next day thinking it would be a one use item but I was pleasantly surprised. As other reviewers stated if you have a medium sized hat go for the large as these hats are on the smaller side.
on 15 December 2015
Too small and Amazon charged £3.99 to return. No way can this be described as large/Xlarge size. My head is not unusually big - 58cm
VINE VOICEon 16 September 2013
I don't look good in hats, and I am the first to admit that. Some guys pop anything on their head, and just look cool. I always look like I should have a carer in attendance. Still, I am fed up with getting soaked, so I wanted a waterproof hat.
This one is pretty good, as it is reasonably priced, and adjustable. The large size was just big enough, so I echo others by saying get a bigger size than normal. The lining is warm, and the fold-down ear flaps sufficient for English weather.
I would avoid buttoning the front peak to the supplied connector though, unless you want to look like a complete imbecile.
For the money, it is excellent, as long as you are not going to the Arctic, or Mount Everest. If you are looking for more than basic protection from English rain and gales, get something else. Otherwise, it is about right.
on 17 March 2018
I’ve had this hat for over a year now and use it for golf. It is very comfortable, warm, waterproof and well made. It won’t win any prizes for fashion - but when your head is warm in arctic conditions in the wind and rain who cares. Excellent winter product.
on 26 January 2016
Excellent for a cold morning walking the dogs, but small enough to fit in a coat pocket with room to spare. I thought it might be a bit lightweight, but it's very warm and light to wear - actually better than I expected. The ear flaps fold up inside without showing, and the peak can be fastened up with a popper. When down, the ear flaps are surprisingly warm, without making me look like a complete muppet - which is good.
on 11 March 2018
It fitted because I took heed of others' comments and bought a large for my husband who has only a medium sized head. On him it is a snug fit but he likes that. Waterproof, windproof and warm. It's just the sizing that is a bit off.
on 31 December 2013
I hate hats; they just don't seem to fit or blow off in the slightest of breezes, or (worse) make my head sweat and leave lines on my forehead that take hours to disappear.

So I thought I'd give this one a try based on good reports and cheapness - and I'm glad I did. It's the only comfortable waterproof hat I've ever owned, it doesn't blow off (and we've had the storms to test it the last week!) and I wear it all the time from choice - a first for me.

Recommended without reservation; a fantastic bargain.