Highland Homecomings: Genealogy and Heritage Tourism in the Scottish Diaspora Paperback – 7 Dec 2006
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
‘… in integrating and drawing upon work within both anthropology and geography, he takes important steps forward in the progress of both subject areas in their attempts to come to terms with this most important, and yet little understood, phenomenon…Highland Homecomings is a well written account, and it is to the author’s great credit that the book is, at the same time, highly entertaining, intellectually stimulating and never patronising about its subjects… This is a very valuable addition to work on Scotland, (Celtic) identity, and diaspora as a whole.’ – Journal of Historical Geography
‘…an intriguing study of a long-neglected aspect of diaspora, namely that of homing-desire and homecoming-practice in all their psychological, performative, and political facets.’ – Journal of the Royal Anthropological Institute
About the Author
University of Sussex, UK
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Ireland
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Scotland
- Books > History > Cultural History
- Books > Reference > Genealogy
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Academic Sociology
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Anthropology > Social & Cultural
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Sociology
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Countries & Regions > United Kingdom