on 25 September 2012
Reading the story you come to realise, quite early on actually that it seems aimed at a younger audience. The technology and concepts are very up-to the minute, but nothing that today's younger audience won't be familiar with, as today's media shows this off to good effect across all platforms. Just in case, though writing style has something to do with this, a narrative runs right through the story explaining different points, concepts and thoughts. I do like some narrative but for me there was a little too much.
Apart from the narrative element I enjoyed the style of writing, and the idea of beings from one dimension influencing & being part of another dimension fascinating, and the dimension they were affecting fully realised & supported it, though they went about it slightly the wrong way (adults assuming they know best). To find out more you will have to read it.
The characters didn't really engage me until about half way through, and even then you could make out that this was only the start of their development. Having the main influential characters of a younger age, beings that utilised telepathy and came across as young themselves was a clever stroke, and one in which will develop as the story goes on.
Overall good, though as I said it is aimed at a younger audience, though not exclusively, and this for me detracted from the whole experience.The characters & concepts will I believe unfold and become stronger as the series goes on.
I feel that the review is not complete until the rest of the books have been read, and as it is aimed at a different audience than myself, I am unable to do it full justice.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse