Higher Education in Virtual Worlds: Teaching and Learning in Second Life (International Perspectives on Education and Society) Hardcover – 23 Nov 2009
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
A timely book on the use and potential use of virtual worlds in education that is both well-balanced and always insightful - by combining theoretical perspectives with practical case studies, this book offers educators the opportunity to understand both the pitfalls and potential of virtual worldsA". Michael Thomas, Editor, International Journal of Virtual and Personal Learning Environments This book provides a wide range of valuable insights and suggestions for both novice and experienced users new immersive environments. I highly recommend it!A" Robin Teigland, Stockholm School of Economics, Sweden.
Top Customer Reviews
Clearly not the cheapest book on Virtual Worlds, however I found it to be satisfactory in covering topics such as entry barriers, communication challenges and opportunities for educators - addressed at the beginning of the book. I particularly found chapter 9 (a context for design learning) interesting in discussion of a collaborative design project carried out by groups of design students. Also, I was glad to see that they didn't cram the book full of pictures from Second Life!
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > Adult & Continuing Education > Adult Guidance & Handbooks
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > Adult & Continuing Education > Open & Distance Learning
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > Home Schooling
- Books > Science & Nature > Education
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Education Studies
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Sociology