on 3 December 2007
Im sure my daughter will love the DVD however I think that someone should get their ruler out as Giant in my book does not mean about 6 inches!. I was about to email amazon to find out why the stickers hadn'tarrived when I read another review saying that the giant stickers were inside the dvd case which i had not opened as it was for a Christmas present. A bit dissapointed as im sure i could have got the dvd cheaper without the stickers.
on 4 December 2007
I only ordered this item from Amazon because of the so called giant stickers, i was about to email Amazon cause i thought they were missing, but they were inside the box. Very misleading. Have only given 3 stars because of the film!!
on 4 December 2007
Wish I had read other peoples reviews before ordering as like others I was about to email Amazon to ask why I had not received my giant stickers, realised after reading reviews that they were actually inside the DVD box - certainly NOT GIANT by my standards.
I COULD HAVE BOUGHT THIS AT MY LOCAL SUPERMARKET FOR £3.00 CHEAPER as the stickers are not worth the paper they are printed on!!!!!!
on 4 December 2007
Received the dvd today, and was about to email Amazon to ask where the giant stickers are. It's only by reading the other reviews that I know they are inside the dvd case. It's for a christmas present, so I can't even open it to check. Not what I call GIANT character stickers at all. Quite dissappointing!
on 4 December 2007
Hi, Like many others I only ordered the DVD (already having this recorded on SKY PLUS) because of the GIANT stickers I cannot believe how misleading the information is on Amazon, they should be putting the actual size of these postcards oops sorry I mean GIANT stickers.

Joanne - Northumberland
on 6 March 2008
So much has been said and written about this movie I wasn't going to even bother writing a review... but then I couldn't help myself.

I could describe the plot to you, but that has been done. I'm mainly I'm going to explain why I selected 5 stars, when in comparison to truly great movies it...well it would hardly share the same category. I'm a believer in judging a movie or TV show by its intentions and the success of carrying them through to the end result, not neccessarily by its place in the Cannon of film. HSM2, as with HSM intended to entertain with great acting, great dancing, a good plot and of course, the Disney morals. With this in mind, it succeeded.

Clearly, the brains behind the franchise realised that the target audience of the tweenies were not the only demographic drawn [almost unwillingly] to the first movie. The sequel certainly shows this realisation and also the growth of the actors and the gentle change in styles.

Loving musicals, but only expecting to get a little fix, I bought the first and was hooked, (though it kind of stands out next to Rent, Moulin Rouge, Chorus Line, Cabaret, etc.). When the sequel arrived, I bought it without a second thought. Surprise, surprise, I loved it. It certainly has a slightly more mature and complex style in the characters' behaviour/interactions with each other, (even their tone of voice) and dialogue. It has a much more complex structure within the music and even more so in the dance, without moving to far away from the established style.

The talents of the actors are shown more clearly with greater respect. Lucas Grabeel, (Ryan) is allowed to shine through his voice and amazing dancing abilties, stepping out from Ashley Tisdale's, (Sharpay) shadow. Particularly in 'I Don't Dance' with Corbin Bleu (Chad) who also gets the same chance. This movie isn't purely the 'Troy and Gabrielle Show', which being amazed by Lucas's talents especially, was refreshing.

It's a musical, [obviously] and that genre can provide a realistic look at life. Although I don't honestly think HSM2 does this, I again go back to intent. This movie gives an impression of realism of American teenagers, close enough for the target audience to relate, but far enough away to escape and dream. As for anyone older watching this movie, I'm not so sure realism actually matters and perhaps its lack of total authenticity is what appeals to us; perhaps we only want the sunny, rosy escapism.

This movie is cheesy, yes. It doesn't stretch the imagination in it's plot or film making, (cinematography, set design, costuming, etc.) though Kenny Ortega's choreography is renowned outside his involvement in this movie and he never lets you down. It is not a work of excellence, in cinematic terms, but there is just something about this movie that has the world in a craze. Perhaps it is simply because the talent is so blatently thrown in front of you on screen. That is something I don't know how anyone can doubt. Dislike the film, fine. Hate the film, ok. But why doubt the talent or the intentions; or the successful executions of them?

This is one of those movies that 'is what it is'. Once you get that, the reason for its seemingly surprising broad appeal is not so hard to understand. It does what it does and it does it with flare.

(Though I'm still kinda embarrassed that I like it so much...or at all.)
on 4 December 2007
Only ordered from here because of the GIANT stickers.
Could have got the DVD cheaper in a well known Supermarket.
Stickers are a complete letdown and surely in breach of trade descriptions!!!
on 3 December 2007
hi this is a great dvd only the surposed giant stickers were only small ones inside the dvd box so you dont realize they are there untill you open the dvd box up.
on 4 December 2007
The stickers come inside the DVD box - and theres a little label on the outside to tell you that. They are exactly the size that they are shown to be in the amazon image (ie about the size of a DVD) and come on individual sheets. Anyone thinking that the stickers would be gigantic life size things a) didnt bother looking at the image and b) has unrealistic expectations! When I got this version it was the same price as the normal one - so the stickers were a complete freebie and my daughter will love them.
on 3 December 2007
I ordered this DVD with giant stickers on 15th October. It's a Christmas present for a 6 year old girl. The parcel arrived this morning. NO STICKERS. The order and the invoice/receipt show "free giant character stickers" but they weren't in the parcel. I rang the call centre and guess what? Out of stock, no stickers to send. I repeat, I ordered on 15th October - two and half months ago. How disappointing.