Size: 190 x 120 x 95 cm|Colour: Grey/Red|Change

on 6 September 2010
I bought this tent for the main reason of its pack size and weight which are both very small as I needed to strap it to the back of my motorbike.So if you want small storage and pack size this tent scores. It goes up very quickly (especially if you pre-tie the guide ropes), certainly you could do it in-way less then 20 minutes if you wanted to.

Sleeping two whilst possible would be tight (not such a problem if you were already on intimate terms), especially if you were storing kit in there as well. The entrance is a tight fit for me but do-able and for one person has just enough room for you and your kit. In my opinion this tent is solely for sleeping in, if you intend to spend time in it because you day isn't filled it's far too small, but heh who does that anyway! that's why you are looking at it.

I never suffered any rain whilst using it, the inside did not get damp and and the mesh doors let it breathe. How it would fair in a storm I could only guess, but basically this is a summer season tent which if it only lasts one season won't break the bank.

It packs away easy, is light, goes up easy, it's cheap and it will give you somewhere to sleep for 2/3 nights (or longer if you are harder then me).I suspect it won't last years and will probably suffer in a storm (but you buy what you get). My mates laughed at me because it looked liked something from a toy store (but when I was loaded up I didn't look like a vagrant), so if nothing it will give you something to laugh over.
Four stars because the two man bit is pushing it a bit.

Yes it packs small.
Yes it is light loaded.
Yes you will be able to sleep in it alone even if you are over six footbut not seven!
Yes you will be able to sleep two if you are small and friendly (very) and have little kit.
Yes it will keep you dry, but a storm I don't know...perhaps.
Yes some people will laugh at it and you!
No it will not make you attractive to the opposite sex!

Hope this helps.
99 comments| 148 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 December 2014
Used only once for IoW Festival 2014.

It was easy to set up and looked very cute in the sea of gigantic (and probably more comfortable) tents. I loved it for the first few hours or so, until we slept in.

It was raining outside (as it always does at festivals) and thanks to magical simulation powers of this tent, it was raining inside too! Humidity and condensation made sure we weren't missing anything happening outside. We had two wet and cold nights with my new girlfriend, and we're still together after seven months; probably due to binding effect of natural disasters. I knew she was the one when she woke up with the dripping water on her face and was still smiling. If you want to test your relationship, buy one of these with two tickets to Glastonbury.
66 comments| 47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 May 2012
I brought this tent for two reasons. Firstly it weighs 1.6kg and secondly it was under £30. Last summer I took trekking for two months, sleeping in it every night. If you're looking for a lightweight, cheap hiking tent to use in the summer, then you won't do better than this.

Make no mistake; there are plenty of flaws in it. There's no fly sheet, except for over one half of the door, meaning that most nights the tent walls will slowly collect a significant layer of condensation, unless you sleep with the door open. So long as you stay away from the edges, then it'll survive all but the most torrential rain. However it is very susceptible to strong and even light winds, at one point causing me to pack up the tent at 1 in the morning to move to a less windy spot for fear of the whole tent being blown away. I also wouldn't envy anyone attempting to use this in the winter; the one time that it dropped bellow 0 at night the tent was as good as useless at retaining heat. When I woke the next morning the condensation had frozen on the inside of the tent, causing a hard inner shell.

However, there are also strong positives, particularly if you're as obsessive as me when it comes to saving every gram that you might have to carry. The tent poles can be replaced by walking poles (which I'd recommend anyway), meaning you only need to carry the fabric and the pegs which weigh less than a kilo. Despite the name of the tent, this is much better when viewed as a very spacious one man tent than a two man tent. The whole tent can be put up in around 2 minutes with practise, meaning there's no time wasted in the rain. If it is raining it will do a good job of keeping it out and will dry the next day remarkably quickly. You'd be hard pressed to find a tent this good and this light for under a hundred pounds.

In summary, this is not a tent for festivals. And this is not a tent to take into a storm. However, if you're looking for an incredibly lightweight tent for summer trekking and you want to spend less than £100, then this is the ideal choice for you. It served me well for 2 months last summer... and I trust that it'll do the same again for me this summer.
44 comments| 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 August 2013
OK so lets start with the positives, it is certainly small and light, and can be assembled to resemble a tent rather quickly. Then the positives end...

So first of all I must mention that this tent cost me a smartphone when light drizzle disturbed the harmony of its tent like features and managed to collect more water inside than was actually outside (bizarre). So it maybe prudent that if you want to keep things dry whilst using this tent, leave things outside the tent at night... I fancy my chances more that way.

To sumarize, these are the problems:
1) Not Waterproof.
2) Poor ventilation and stiching creates high levels of humidity and condensation inside the tent.
3) Low roof, which is unstable due to the guy ropes requiring great pressure to maintain tent rigidity.
4) Poor entrance zips mean lack of complete seal of fly net (i.e. bugs enter freely).

Also missing a guy rope.

After the week of camping when it rained lightly on two nights and the problems therein we decided we would not use the tent again.
on 19 May 2011
Small and light enough to fit in the bag on my brompton. Big enough for one person and a bag.
Big enough for two, but without anything else inside.
It's made it through a night of rain, I can't fault it. I love it
on 20 August 2012
hi there . i am just back from a quick mountain trial of this tent. i am 6 foot and big build (fat-ish).
my report goes as follows.
this 'little' tent is suitable for two small lord of the rings caracters who do not mind a very moist condensated ceiling...
on 19 August 2013
Worst tent I have ever slept in, it barely stood up and when it rained the entire thing filled with water, with the sides closing further and further in until they were pretty much on top of me from the weight of the water on the outer tent. Could not recommend this tent less! 100% ruined my weekend. Not to mention it arrived a day later than the postage i'd paid for me meaning I left for my trip a day late!
on 16 August 2013
I'm 5'3 and barely fit in this tent with my backpack and sleeping bag so I have no idea how 2 people could fit in unless they are very young children. Also completely useless in the wind and rain, after the first night I was soaked through and ready to give up. It is however very light so I could imagine it being much more useful if you're 100% certain the weather will be nice!
on 31 July 2013
I didn't like the way the sticks are supposed to be inside the tent or just outside the entrance. It makes it hard to get inside the tent. People also have to make sure to get the 'Minipack' part understood because if you got clothes for an entire week there will only be space for 2 persons
on 3 September 2013
The tent arrived perfectly on time and in perfect condition. It is light weight and comes wrapped up in a small bag which makes carrying it easy. It can also fit inside a decent sized bag with ease.
The instructions for setting up the tent were unclear with no diagrams as examples, other than an image of the tent when completed. This made setting the tent up more confusing than it should have been and I ended up discarding the instructions, setting the tent up without them.
Once set up I was a little disappointed by the size of the tent which was described as a two man tent. It could fit two people in but they would have to be small and cramped. There is also very little head room in the tent and you will be unable to sit up straight if you are a similar height to me or taller (5'8'').
The tent is also surprisingly NOT waterproof as I uncomfortably discovered one morning after a night of rain. The rain dripped through the fabric of the roof and built up in puddles on the (waterproof) plastic floor. This completely baffles me why one part of the tent would be made waterproof and not the other. The moisture that builds up in the tent also finds it difficult to escape due to poor ventilation.
However the tent does a remarkable job at retaining heat. Each morning I woke up incredibly warm due to sauna-like moisture and heat conditions.
All in all I would not recommend this product, especially not for the asking price. You will find a much more spacious, WATERPROOF tent for a much lower price easily.