on 27 April 2012
I got this after having my TV mounted too high on my wall and it got to the point of hurting my neck while trying to play. So I decided to play on my PC monitor with this cable. Sure its the actually Microsoft version, but honestly - its going to be a good investment.

It arrived quite quickly considering I got free delivery. It comes with the cables shown and then a little audio jack (which I didn't know about, so I got one for 64p) anyway, its a great little device if you only have surround sound on the PC or just normal speakers - just make sure once you plug it in that you set the sound to line out? I think it was to make sure the sound comes through the speakers.

Pictures great. I also got myself a 2 port Switch box for this item. It means I can have/use my PC while my Xbox is also playing through ONE monitor. Basically you'll need 2 VGA connectors - depending on what you've got on the monitor output. Then just this Xbox cable and plug all 3 into this switch box.
You'll then just have A and B buttons, once both PC and Xbox are switched on - pressing A will give me my computer screen. But when I press B it will give me my Xbox 360 screen. Awesome little device if any of you guys want the same set up. 2 devices - 1 monitor.
on 29 December 2014
My monitor hasn't got an HDMI port which made this cable a viable option for connecting my Xbox360 Elite (which has both HDMI and AV connections at the back).

One end of this cable connects to the console's AV port while the other is split into VGA for analogue video and RCA for audio.
As for using computer speakers, you'll need a female jack to female RCA connector for that to work (e.g. http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00HIDECM4) as mine didn't come with an adaptor.

Overall, the cable has a meaty feel to it and isn't made out of cheap plastic. The image is crisp, same as you'd get through HDMI.
on 10 November 2014
I bought this for a mark one or first edition XBOX 360. Basically, I bought a new TV and wanted to bring my XBOX 360 up to date with HD output. Just make sure your TV has a VGA (PC Monitor Input for dummies) and a PC Audio In (Headphone Jack) for sound.

*Note:*The red and white AV cables are useless without an '3.5mm AV to RCA Phono Adapter' to connect them to PC Audio In. You can buy one on Amazon like i did for a pound.

Once you get past the rigging, You'll be very happy with the result. All my games and apps can be played in full 1080p with no ghosting and good (but not Dolby) quality sound. Good product, Good price and quick dispatch. Cheers.
on 26 April 2016
Purchased this cable for an Xbox 360e but unfortunately it doesn't work with the new shape consoles. This item did come in a box, but product had been opened and sellotaped back up. It would of helped if the advert stated it doesn't work with new shape consoles, or at least, showed a picture of what the other connector plug looked liked.
on 5 July 2013
Genuine VGA cable. Image is perfect at 1440*900, no ghosting or aliasing whatsoever.

It did not come in a retail box like the picture shows. Instead, it came in a green plastic bag, same type of bag where controllers come, when you buy an xbox.

No RCA to 3.5mm adaptor was included, so you will need to buy one in order to connect it to the computer (sound card's blue connector, line in) and have sound from the computer's speaker, unless you have an amplifier for that.

Still, very happy with the purchase. Good quality cable.
on 2 October 2014
Does what it says on the tin. It is true that it does not come as displayed, rather In a clear plastic bag boxed by an amazon cardboard. but the actual product is Labelled as a genuine xbox item (I have a similiar one for old school tv). The pins to secure the cable into the pc are a bi loose perhaps and the sound output I don't know where that goes. Well I guess it's okay to play in silence.
on 22 May 2018
This item is very well made packed is great the item is 101per just buy it there cheap always happy i did
review image
on 10 January 2013
Using this on a packard bell vga lcd monitor at 1366x768 and it looks great and works fine :)
I have the sound hooked up to my pc soundcard and played through the speakers which sounds great in 5.1 processed mode :D

Only two downsides is that this does not have an optical output and, for me atleast, i cannot play this at my monitors max resolution of 1440x900 as at this resolution some of the screen is blacked out top & bottom although it is very clear.

Overall though, it does the job so i'm happy, worth the money,
on 9 July 2013
I would normally use HDMI to my TV but having a kid wires do not mix well! 2 of my 3 HDMI connectors on the TV are now broken due to accidental kid pulling. Not really her thought as the HDMI lead traveled around the room from the PC. So instead of having to pull my PC out every time to swap to the Xbox I got this. As long as your TV has a AGP port and inbound audio this does a great job.
on 22 April 2017
Cable arrived on time. It works very well and is in excellent condition. It is being used every day. An all round excellent buy.