- Publisher: Henry Holt & Co (Dec. 1979)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0030449464
- ISBN-13: 978-0030449468
- Product Dimensions: 20.8 x 14.2 x 2.3 cm
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 3,059,004 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
High Crimes and Misdemeanors Hardcover – 1 Dec 1979
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Among the criminals arraigned in these pages are:
1. a woman whose loss of faith progresses from disbelief in holidays to a denial of the laws of physics...with hilarious and surprisingly poignant results.
2. a group of Talmudic scholars who set out to steal time...and pull off a professional heist.
3. a family whose Jewishness is "exposed" by a neighbor and who find themselves persecuted...in a very unexpected manner.
4.a man who drives an ambulance and fantasizes about a superhuman savior of lives...when his own powers are miraculous enough.
5. inmates of a mental institution who voite in a municipal election...and turn power and sanity inside out.
6. a young man on the run, who encounters a startingly contemporary angel in the desert and learns some truths about himself and what it means to be human.
10 Stories in all.