- Format: Kindle Edition
- File Size: 7500 KB
- Print Length: 315 pages
- Publisher: Scientific American (30 Sept. 2012)
- Sold by: Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B009HT7G1Q
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Average Customer Review: 9 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #62,722 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Higgs Boson: Searching for the God Particle Kindle Edition
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Some level of scientific knowledge is a requisite,to keep up!
The material explains the Physics and leaves one wondering at the co-operation and fascinating technology required to realise the Hadron Collider at CERN.
The infighting between Theorists is a light releif!!
Already downloaded the next volume.
The figures are a problem as the Kindle won't magnify the notation!! Embarrassing to have to use a magnifying loupe,still have to accept this when stricken in years!!
I'm reading it as we travel around the UK and Europe in our camper so I find it very pleasant to read in the sunshine with a glass of wine.
Thoroughly recommended for the non-specialist wishing to keep up with or refresh general knowledge of sub-atomic physics. No mathematics needed.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Makes a very technical subject come alive. Great moment for nuclear physics but like all new discoverys opens the door to a whole new set of theories.Published 1 month ago by Gabby
Starts okay but why oh why must we always be subjected to the history of quantum physics?
Would not buy again
I am still trying to convert it to PDF so i can print it out and read at leisure. I can't standle the kindle book reader and that is why i don't own one.Published on 14 Jan. 2014 by Dr. A. Parsons
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Genetics
- Books > Science & Nature > Experiments, Instruments & Measurements > Equipment & Techniques
- Books > Science & Nature > Physics
- Books > Science & Nature > Popular Science > Genetics
- Books > Science & Nature > Popular Science > Physics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Biology > Genetics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Physics
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science & Maths > Education
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science & Maths > Experiments, Instruments & Measurement
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science & Maths > Genetics
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science & Maths > Physics > General