Hidden Agendas Paperback – 26 Mar 1998
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"Pilger is the closest we have to the greatest correspondents of the 1930s... The truth in his hands is a weapon, to be picked up and brandished and used in the struggle against evil and injustice" (Guardian)
"Pilger's strength is his gift for finding the image, the instant, that reveals all - he is a photographer using words instead of a camera" (Salmon Rushdie)
"A modern interpretation of world affairs in a cynical age" (Independent)
Revealing the truth behind many facets of contemporary politics, John Pilger’s powerful book exposes the dangers and deceptions of power.See all Product Description
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I feel like I've been sleeping before reading this book and I can't encourage people enough to read this and wake up to what our governments (Labour or Conservative, Republican or Democrat) are doing on our behalf around the world.
It highlights issues most people do not think about and shows how perceived wisdom and the truth often diverge.
I recommend everyone reads this book, whether you buy it or borrow it from a library.
However, I did feel Pilger often highlighted problems/issues but did not suggest solutions. It is important that society has people like John Pilger to educate them but it is equally important that sensible, viable solutions to the problems are discussed.
That said it is a great book, particularly because it shows up the Machiavellian policies of the great democracies such as Britain and the US.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is another good work by John Pilger.
Sadly, the startling truths that he continues to unveil for us are not so much being suppressed as they are being ignored. Read more
I've not read this book yet, but you can't go wrong with John PilgerPublished 18 months ago by Mohammed Qureshi
Got this book for my son in law and said it was well written and a brilliant readPublished 18 months ago by MRS S D BROWN
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Reference > Language > Communication
- Books > Reference > Writing > Journalism
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics > Civil Liberties & Political Activism
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Communication Studies > Media & Communication Industries > Press & Journalism
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Communication Studies > Media Studies