- Visit the Small Animal Collars, Leads & Harnesses Store for a huge selection of collars, leads and harnesses for rabbits, guinea pigs, ferrets, hamsters, rats and mice from great brands at top prices.
- Visit the Small Animal Store for great offers on food and accessories for rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters, mice and more from top brands.
- Visit the Pet Supplies Store for a huge selection of pet supplies from great brands at top prices.
- Visit the Small Animal Treats Store for a huge selection of small animal treats from great brands at top prices.
- Visit the Deals in Pet Supplies Page for great discounts on a range of top-brand pet supplies products.
Hibiscrub Health Care, 500 ml
|Price:||£5.62 (£11.24 / l) & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details|
|You Save:||£0.48 (8%)|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Antimicrobial skin cleanser containing the active ingredient chlorhexidine gluconate
- Helps to prevent infections by killing germs on the skin
- Effective against a wide range of bacteria, yeasts, fungi and viruses
- For external use only on humans
- For external use only on equines, cats, dogs, guinea pigs, giraffes etc.
Save 5% when you subscribe to regular deliveries of this item. Save 15% on your entire delivery when you subscribe to 5 or more items that arrive in the same month. No commitments, no obligations, and delivery is FREE. Learn more
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
HiBiScrub contains 4% w/v chlorhexidine gluconate in an aqueous base and has been proven to have a broad spectrum of activity with a persistent and residual effect for up to 6 hours. HiBiScrub contains a blend of dermatologically tested emollients which help to care for the skin, even with frequent use, by replenishing oils and attracting water into the skin. Effective against a wide range of bacteria, yeasts, fungi and viruses.
1 x Bottle of Hibiscrub
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Hibiscrub is an antiseptic disinfectant for the skin. It has a lovely clean fresh smell and is very gentle on the skin. There are warnings on the pull back label, affixed to the container, which you must read, in case you are likely to have an allergy to any of the ingredients in it. If you are going into hospital for surgery, it is a very good idea to use Hibiscrub for bathing a few times before you are due to go. That way, if you have MRSA without realising it, you should not have any problems when you get your pre-op checks which include MRSA tests to prevent infection on the wards.
I often use it for bathing to make sure any germs that may have been picked up are dealt with. I suffer badly with insect bites and find that washing with Hibiscrub helps calm the skin down.
It can be used on your dog too for any abrasions or parts that they are fidgeting/licking at (eg paws, legs etc) Vets often prescribe it's use for skin problems, but please be guided by your vet in the first instance. It is a good standby for emergencies, but remember not to let it get in eyes, ears, nose, mouth and genital area. It is best to use diluted, try a mild strength to start with, make sure there is no adverse reaction and then if all ok, you can up the strength if you want to.
It can also be used in hot water for washing down hard surfaces for disinfection purposes. I suppose it is a bit expensive for this use, but I feel is worth the cost because it works. At the hospital, we used it this way to wash the beds and bedside tables down after a patient had been discharged.
We have used this a couple of times on him in the bath. It seems to relieve his itching somewhat but not completely, still, every little helps. It doesn't foam up much but since it relieves the itching its not as important.
Not too expensive like other medicated dog shampoos, would recommend this the other dog owners with itchy skin problems.
if you've been having trouble with acne then try this. When I was a teenager (a very long time ago, sadly) nothing worked until a doctor prescribed me this. The effect was dramatic. All skins are different so I'm guessing that it's not absolutely guaranteed to work for everyone - but it's definitely worth a punt.
Remember these rules:
1. wash with warm water and rinse thoroughly with cold (otherwise the soap will be worse than the dirt)
2. dry with a clean towel
3. don't ever touch your face with your bare hands (LOTS of bacteria)
4. steer clear of greasy foods - the oil blocks pores and that's bad. Food high in antioxidants (like tomatoes) are very good
5. don't be tempted to squeeze spots too hard - otherwise the scars will take you well into adulthood long after the infection has gone.
Sorry, bit off topic, but if i help one kid going though the hell of acne then I'm happy.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
If you suffer from oily skin and are spot prone, then this is the product for you. Used by the NHS surgeons for scrubbing hands before operations. Read morePublished 3 days ago by Stuart C.
Use it all the time brilliant product much cheaper than the high street stores.Published 3 days ago by Wendy
Used this when I found my feet smelt in the summer and normal shower gel didn't help. You might want a plunger to go with it but I just pour a bit into my hand. Read morePublished 11 days ago by JAMES B
Great product , I have used before from my veterinary so good value and highly recommended supplier. ThanksPublished 17 days ago by Crystal