Customer reviews

Size: 10 UK|Colour: Grey/Silver/Black|Change
Price:£35.48+ Free shipping

on 21 January 2010
Having first used Hi-Tech Silver Shadow and Silver Shadow X4's from around 1991 I have continued to use them ever since. I have tried others that left me with shin splints and other niggling difficulties and always returned to the old faithfuls. I love Asics for the gym but for road running, and I have completed literally thousands of miles over the years, Hi-Tech Silver Shadow have always provided me with both the comfort and reliability at minimum cost that most plodders need. Inexpensive and easily located through the web. Like others, I dread the day that Hi-Tech stop making them.
on 18 August 2013
These are probably not the best looking shoe out there and by modern standards look a bit dated as at first sight they seem large and boat like. Don't let appearances deceive you as they are very supportive, well padded and comfortable.

I have used these shoes for my runs for the last few weeks now and have had no problems whatsoever with them. I have used them for several 10 milers and for a half marathon and my feet have always emerged injury free and comfortable. I have run over a variety of surfaces and never been bothered by sharp stones or other projections coming through. After about 150 miles of use the shoes are now a bit discoloured but in ever other way still in great shape and just as comfortable as the day I first wore them.

The price is great and, frankly, at first the low price put me off ordering them as I thought they might now be much good. How wrong I was and although I have bought other running shoes since then these are still my favourites.

I am happy to recommend these shoes to other runners and am just going to order another pair now to keep in reserve.
on 20 June 2016
can't be beaten on quality and comfort for price , always look smart , lost count how many pairs of these i've had. Been having these for over 40yrs ,as well as others. Well packaged , fast delivery , so all in all 5 stars.
on 24 March 2017
Sadly the last of these I will buy after many years simply because the new design comes in one narrow fitting
on 10 November 2012
This is the preferred RAF trainer. The shoe does the job of a nice shoe to wear for general use. In terms of cushioning it does provide some form of cushioning but I would not like to run middle distances in these shoes. I believe that the cushioning is limited and prolonged use may cause some people problems. So generally fine but not for any form of decent prolonged running. As a general comfy shoe they are excellent and they are really nice straight from the box.
on 6 May 2017
I have purchased 2 pairs of these before and have been very pleased with the comfort right from the first wearing. They are light and not too warm in hot weather. I find them very good value for the money and can recommend them.
on 18 April 2017
My husband lives for silver shadows (sad I know). I could have bought her m a Rolex and he wouldn't have been as happy as opening the box to his Silver Shadows. "Like a pair of old slippers" he said. " Like the third party in our marriage" I retorted!
on 8 June 2017
Third pair for my husband who has small broad feet. These suit and fit perfectly.
on 21 May 2017
Stitching digs into the toes, with a poor finish inside the shoe where it matters. Looks rather cheap and nasty compared to the photographs. Overpriced for what you get.
on 6 June 2017
So far so good, with better soles than by last pair of Hi-tecs

See one answered question