Size: 10 UK|Colour: White/Dark Green|Change

I bought these to play squash with as I felt that my general trainers did not support me well enough on the squash court.

When the trainers arrived and I assessed their quality I was more than happy given the quality vs price tag and although they looked a bit plain and not very fashionably I was pleased with my purchase.

I'm a size 10 and found that the size 10 was a good fit although they did seem a bit tight at first. They are solid, flexibly and have an excellent grip that's well suited to the squash court.

When I used them for playing squash I found that they were a lot stiffer than normal trainers and it took 3-4 games to fully get used to them. I have found that they definitely provide good grip, support and stability in a way that 'Non Squash Trainers' can't do as well.

When I showed them to my old neighbour (a semi-pro) he was surprised that I paid so little and thought that they were good value. When I asked him if he would wear them he said no because he usually paid a lot more for his.

I have not had any problems with the trainers and have washed them in the washing machine at + 30 Deg C followed by slow drying outside and next to the fire or radiators (not too close though).

Verdict: Great Value For Novice Squash Players However A Semi-Pro Or Better Is More Likely To Need A Better Pair

'Feedback - If you found any aspects of this review useful and you would like to leave feedback - please follow the link below - thanks'.
on 6 February 2013
Bought these on price and have been pleasantly surprised at the comfort and quality. Although marketed as a squash trainer, I have been using to play badminton and they provide good grip and support. If you don't need the latest style then I can't see why you would pay more for trainers!
on 21 July 2016
Bought as a gift for my brother but they were disappointing quality. Although they were comfy to start with, the insides of the shoes came apart after just a couple of games of squash - the lining all came away and rucked up into a big loose lump of material - in both shoes. It was obviously too flimsy to withstand the kind of wear that happens when you run around (ie play squash). As it was a gift, and they were only a week old, I didn't feel we should have to bodge a repair with glue or something like that (which probably wouldn't last long anyway). So we returned them. Amazon refunded the purchase in full with no problem though, which was good.
on 29 April 2016
I have had a pair of these for five years it's like having slippers on but the time came to get new trainers so looking around and I got the trainers I love hi-tec squash classic, men's court trainers I don't play squash but love comfort and these work for me thanks for comfort
on 5 August 2016
Just took them up the charity shop after struggling with them for a month .I've been a UK 9 all my adult life but these shoes rub on my toes .I stuffed paper in them every night and ever borrowed a cobblers shoe stretcher, but hopeless .I like the look if the shoe so have ordered a 10 but cheesed off because a pair of £22 sports shoes have cost me £47 because the size 10 cost £25 ..Not happy
on 13 July 2016
My first pair lasted over ten years playing squash 2/3 time per week. I had a second pair as a reserve for about five years and when brought into use only lasted a few games as one heel became detached from the shoe. It will be interesting to see how this third pair last out but I do have confidence in this make/brand as a good performer giving value for money.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 13 September 2014
I can't remember when I bought the current pair. There was an interval of a few years in my squash playing, but I suspect it was over a decade ago. Now? There's a split on the outside of each shoe, about where the lip of the front part of the sole comes to an end, longer on the left (my left foot being slightly the larger, so the shoe is under slightly more stress). The fabric under the heel long ago wore through on both. The fabric at the back of the heel has now worn through in a couple of places on both, such that it's shifting around a bit, prompting me to buy a new pair. After, probably, 7-9 years of regular use.

I might have bought a new pair before now, but I thought I'd be packing up playing, so it wouldn't be worth it (I can't fairly be described as young). Now though, I've concluded I'll probably be playing once & twice a week for another decade, so I ought to buy... Well, this will be the same pair as I had before, as far as I can tell. Comfortable? Yes. Effective? Yes. Value for money? Top notch!
on 9 June 2016
Great value for money trainers. Comfortable fit and very lightweight. I bought these many years ago and they are still as good today. Suede toe cover is a great idea to prevent wear. For the cost around £20.00 you cannot go wrong. Would recommend!!
on 27 February 2016
There was a couple of shiny spots on my treadmill,that was my own fault,but after buying these Hi-Tec Trainers, i can use the treadmill with out slipping. The non slip sole is great, great buy for me, and a good price, Many thanks to Amazon and Hi-Tec.
Very good, for the price. The fabric insole has started to slip on the inside a bit, so it can be quite uncomfortable, but you can usually just move it back into place and it's fine. For a £20 pair of shoes, not really something to complain about, but it loses a star. I've used it for about a month at this point.

See one answered question