Helping Children with Down Syndrome Communicate Better: Speech & Language Skills for Ages 6-14: Speech and Language Skills for Ages 6-14 (Topics in Down Syndrome) Paperback – 2 Sep 2008
|New from||Used from|
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
As children with Down syndrome reach age 6, they encounter more complex speech and language demands in their learning and relationships with others. This is when gaps in communication abilities between children with Down syndrome and their typically developing peers begin to widen. This book provides parents and professionals with the information and resources they need to improve their child's communication at school, at home, and in the wider community.Written by Dr Libby Kumin, an expert in Down syndrome and communication, this is the only book about speech and language issues for children with Down syndrome ages 6 to 14, and is the sequel to "Early Communication Skills for Children with Down Syndrome". Encouraging and parent-friendly, it covers the scope of speech and language issues important for this age group, from understanding language pragmatics to building conversation skills and from using augmentative and alternative communication systems to improving speech intelligibility.
Top customer reviews
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > Lesson planning > Teaching of Specific Subjects
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > SEN Teaching > Communicative Disorders
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > SEN Teaching > Learning Difficulties
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Families & Parents > Raising Children > Child Development
- Books > Science & Nature > Education
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Education Studies