Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now New Album - Drake Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 11 Apr 2012, 11:12:20 BST
Hi, I have just received my tablet and it looks fine. BUT when i connect it to my computer via USB the tablet is not recognised. My computer tries to install a driver but it fails every time. I have a 32 gb micro sd card mounted in the tablet and i want to transfer files across (obviously).

Also the micro sd card seems to be just lodged in the tablet and there does not appear to be an easy way to get it back out.

Cheers in advance for any help provided!

Posted on 11 Apr 2012, 11:33:14 BST
A. Crowther says:
"BUT when i connect it to my computer via USB the tablet is not recognised. My computer tries to install a driver but it fails every time."

When connected click the date on tablet (bottom status bar)then on USB Connected, then on turn on mass storage. That should force windows to install the correct Media transfer drivers.

if you still have problems download PDANet or drivers from here: http://tabletrepublic.com/forum/cortex-a8-allwinner-a10/allwinner-a10-general-faq-non-tablet-specific-556.html

"the micro sd card seems to be just lodged in the tablet and there does not appear to be an easy way to get it back out. "

if you push it with your nail it will pop back out

Posted on 11 Apr 2012, 11:53:40 BST
Thanks for that. But the sd card is completely stuck!! It will not come out!! The card still works thankfully. Might have to try and prise it out somehow!!!

Cheers once again.

Posted on 11 Apr 2012, 11:59:47 BST
A. Crowther says:
"Thanks for that. But the sd card is completely stuck!! It will not come out!! The card still works thankfully. Might have to try and prise it out somehow!!!"

push it further in (quite a long way) untill it clicks and then it will pop out (just tried it and if you don't have long nails get something small to push it with!)

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Apr 2012, 12:59:08 BST
Smurf says:
Hi,

Guidance on how to get the PC to recognise both the Android drive and the enclosed SD card can be found in H. A's helpful earlier post at http://www.amazon.co.uk/Connecting-your-tablet-PC/forum/Fx30B05TUKWUBBH/Tx3OA3EJTWGYEHH/1/ref=cm_cd_fp_ef_tft_tp?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B0076NR2F0

I found the SD card didn't spring out automatically from this device despite repeatedly pushing it in further, but inserting a needle at the side to leverage it out worked pretty easily

Posted on 11 Apr 2012, 13:15:44 BST
H. A says:
Thanks for helping here guys !!

Posted on 11 Apr 2012, 14:23:25 BST
Yeah thanks a lot for the info!! Now I need help with the file browser. My sandisk micro sd (32gb) does not show up when using the tablets ES File Explorer. The card is mounted in the tablet and is recognised when connected to my pc. Sorry for the torrent of questions this is my first experience with a tablet/android.

Cheers in advance
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.