on 1 October 2017
some good ideas for how to contain the struggle this big change causes in the children life...
on 18 May 2017
Great little book, full of useful information.
on 31 May 2010
My copy of this book is absolutely bristling with post-it tags, identifying parts ot the text that are particularly interesting to me or fit my situation. I find the book challenging, reassuring, and extrememly informative.
on 14 January 2015
excellent condition
on 6 October 2016
This book is trite, politically correct and lacks compassion. It is so even in its handling of the divorcing parties as to make no difference between the divorced and the divorcer. The general advice about never criticising your partner in front of the children is of course something all should aspire to but there is no acknowledgement of the devastating effect on both the children and the spouse divorced against their wishes. Sometimes it is immoral for blame to go unaportioned. 'The guide for separating parents' is a better book, but nothing on earth can prepare you for the casual cruelty of your former spouse or the divorce system.
on 12 January 2014
My husband and I are separating after 13 years and I am reading this book to find out the best way to deal with telling my children! It gives some great advice and is very helpful! Our counsellor recommended it and uses it in her sessions! Invaluable!
on 1 October 2014
Let's face it, kids are the most important thing when going through a divorce and when mine/I was struggling a psychologist recommended this book. It was a real help and I highly recommend. For a lighter read on how to deal with children post divorce take a look at Now is our Time. It's fiction, yes, but very real and made me realise there is light at the end of the tunnel.
on 12 April 2011
This book is very helpful in helping to prevent unneccesary extra trauma to children whose parents are going through divorce. Helpful advice and encouragement given.
on 25 January 2014
Very informative and helpful with a very comprehensive list of additional readings, sources and contacts. I bought a copy for my ex to read as well.
on 17 July 2013
This was a really helpful guide and gave me lots of reassurance when my confidence was at an all time low.