Help for the Helper: The Psychophysiology of Compassion Fatigue and Vicarious Trauma (Norton Professional Books (Hardcover)) Hardcover – 28 Mar 2006
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
...Babette Rothschild establishes herself as a preeminent science writer, able to translate abstruse scientific concepts into practical clinical advice. -- Elaine Hatfield, Ph.D., author of Emotional Contagion
Babette Rothschild enlivens this highly readable, scholarly overview of the research with her conversational tone, applications, examples, and exercises. -- Laurie Anne Pearlman, Ph.D., coauthor, Risking Connection and Trauma and the Therapist
a masterful job in laying out important principles and strategies to avoid compassion fatigue, vicarious trauma, and burnout. -- Marion F. Solomon, Ph.D., author of Narcissism and Intimacy and Lean on Me
About the Author
Babette Rothschild, MSW, LCSW, is a bestselling author, editor of the Norton 8 Keys to Mental Health Series, and member of the International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies. She gives lectures and professional trainings around the world. To date, her books have been translated into 13 different languages. Marjorie Rand lives in Manhattan Beach, California.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Recent Customer Reviews
babette rothschild certainly knows her stuff. this is understandable and relevant for workers who work in a very emotional setting. brilliant.Published on 14 Mar. 2013 by K ROBERTSON
Really excellent book teaching about vicarious trauma. Would recommend for all psychotherapists and counsellors particularly if they are at danger of burn out.Published on 20 Feb. 2013 by sophie ankrett
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Other Branches of Medicine > Psychiatry
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Psychotherapy
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Neuropsychology
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine
- Books > Science & Nature > Reference > Psychology & Psychiatry
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z > Psychiatry
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Psychology Textbooks