Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Paperwhite Discover more Shop now

on 30 January 2011
I bought it for my mum, and she is loving it.
It came in handy in the snowy Dec of 2010.

I bought it from my own HH experiences of wearing when doing exercises or jogging in cold weather.
Keeps you warm even when you are sweating.

Recommended to be used as an alternative to baselayer as well. The design and colour is a additional fashion style even when it becomes visible.
on 11 May 2012
This top is a must-have for anyone excercising outdoors during the winter. I use it for outdoor netball during the Winter season underneath my sports top and hoodie, and during the Spring months without the hoodie when the evenings have been chilly and it works well too. I've also started using it under my cycling jerseys for those windy treks and it's been fine. You don't feel the sweat against you which is the main reason for feeling cold. Don't be put off by the skinny-ness of the body or arms. It's very comfortable to wear by itself or underneath layers.
on 5 April 2011
I like the style of the top, and the length of the body and the arms is just about right (at 5'9'' I often find these two measurements to be short), however, the right arm has not been sewn correctly and is slightly twisted. The elastine, after only a few washes (following the instructions) is starting to thread and show itself around the cuffs of the sleaves.
Next time I am looking for a technical top I will look to another brand such as Body Armour, since the quality of the Helly Hanson top is simply not durable, and certainly not to the standard I was expecting from such a well know, long standing brand.
Over the years, I've worn many different types of baselayers from a variety of different manufacturers but in terms of wicking performance, these stand out as the best.

I use mine for walking, cycling, kayaking and as a general daily baselayer all year round. In chilly weather, I wear a merino wool layer on top: because merino doesn't wick as effectively as Helly Hansen's 'Dry' range, this provides the best combination of warmth and wicking without any stickiness.

Worn alone in cold weather, they don't provide much warmth and they don't have much wind resistance either but they're not really designed as a thermal layer and if you're standing around in cold temperatures then you're likely to feel cold. However, worn during activity then they are the best - sweat is wicked away quickly leaving your body still feeling (relatively) fresh but, most importantly, dry. (They're also perfect for dealing with menopausal hot flushes and night sweats too!)

They are true to size. I'm a UK 10-12 and ordered the small. At first it felt tight due to the close fit but after a few hours, I'd completely forgotten about it as it stretches freely with every move. The close-fit is needed for the best wicking performance and the close-fitting sleeves don't ride up.

Because they wick sweat so effectively, they can be worn for several days without becoming smelly and after washing they they dry quickly too.

Definitely 5-star quality, fit, performance and value for money.
on 20 September 2011
I suffer from the cold and this kept me really warm last winter. I cycle a lot round london in the winter and this made a huge difference.
on 5 March 2013
I've only recently discovered HH base layers - how have I managed without them all these years, I don't know? I wear them every day beneath my main clothing and they just seem to remain fresh for ages I use them for training and they are just incredible at wicking away sweat and keeping me dry. Don't be put off by the price - you'll use them over and over will last many years.
on 30 November 2012
Have every colour in this range - very comfortable and durable - it keeps you warm fist very well on neck line and sleeve area
on 2 November 2011
I found the product to be good quality and the colour and fit are great...not too baggy. Certainly works well as a base layer.
on 30 January 2013
Just purchased as a base layer for a skiing holday. I ordered size S which I expected to be an equivalent to size 8/10. The top is nice but a very tight fit in particular in the chest area and fairly short. Other than that I am happy with this product.
on 13 February 2013
I bought a black HH top as well as a white one. I wear a size 6-8, and bought them in Small. The black one is very close-fitting but feels comfortable. I've used it several times in the gym and like it. The white one is a much smaller fit than the black one, and the fabric is see-through. Very impractical!