- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
Hellenistic Philosophy: Stoics, Epicureans, Sceptics (Classical Life and Letters) Paperback – 4 Apr 2013
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
'The best general introduction to the subject now available.' Philosophical Quarterly
From the Inside Flap
"A scholarly but readable account of Epicureanism, Scepticism and Stoicism . . . beautifully lucid."--Greece and Rome "Fulfills a long-felt need for an up-to-date general appraisal ."--Journal of Hellenic Studies "The best general introduction to the subject now available."--Philosophical Quarterly "Remarkably successful . . . a most welcome and accomplished book." --Classical Review --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.See all Product description
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Should you desire to move to the next level in your study of Hellenistic philosophy, these are my recommended readings:
(1) The Cambridge History of Hellenistic Philosophy---(eds.) K. Algra et al. (An anthology that is scholarly and comprehensive. Should be on the shelf of every serious student of the subject.)
(2) Epicureanism---Tim O'Keefe (A lucid and informative book that works well for both introductory and advanced students.)
(3) The Cambridge Companion to the Stoics---(ed.) Brad Inwood (First-rate essays authored by some of the best experts in the field.)
(4) The Sceptics---R.J. Hankinson (Absolutely the best book on ancient Greek scepticism.)