Customer reviews

Hell Holes: Demons on the Dalton
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£0.99

on 2 August 2017
What a clever new type of book. Really enjoyed both one and two of the series. Can't wait to see what happens in the third book.
on 13 January 2018
This book is a great read with lots of action. Can't wait for the next episode. I found the subject matter particularly interesting.
on 23 September 2017
Ridiculously far fetched but nevertheless enjoyable, the pace of the action and the well rounded characters kept me enthralled throughout.
on 13 November 2017
ell Holes ~ Demons on the Dalton (Book Two)
5-star Review
We all just might get to see Hell Holes on the big screen. Right now scriptwriters are working on it, you can read the first chapter on Donald Firesmith’s website.

Demons on the Dalton picks right up where “What Lurks Below” left off. There is a difference this time as the book is told through the eyes of Angela Jacks wife, instead of Jack himself At first I wasn’t sure but once I started to read, the story took over and Angela in a sense was as good as her husband.

Book Two is faster than book one, and we get to see more demons and the exact scale of things. Most of the book is staged on the Dalton but it doesn’t take away from the story at all. The danger element is always there and one scene that I found to be written exceptionally well was when they were driving through a wall of fire. I could almost feel the heat while reading it.

Mr Firesmith has a way of not just telling a story but educating us also, which is something I loved. Aileen as always is amazing and we get to learn more about her own secret society and the demons.
The ending isn’t the cliffhanger that book one was, but I wanted book three even more then I had wanted book two because of the way it ends and I really can’t wait to get to read it.

Overall a fast and exciting read that I would recommend to all fantasy and sci-fi readers.
on 22 January 2018
This is the second book in a series. I enjoyed the first one and was looking forward to this. Like the first book this is a fast, exciting read and if you like books in which our world is not as it seems then you will probably like this.

The writer made the bold choice to use a different character as the first person narrator in this book. I think the choice worked to both extend the cliffhanger at the end of the first book and to give a slightly different perspective on the events of the first book. This narrator has a different narrative voice than the narrator of the first book but the feel of the world of the story remains consistent which is not necessarily an easy feat to pull off.

My only real criticism is that there’s a lot of exposition. I think it’s a mostly unavoidable side effect of being the second book of a series that has a lot of world building going on. At least this exposition is well written and fits naturally into the dialogue scenes. The reader is learning stuff at the same time as the characters are.

All in all an excellent sequel that sets things up well for the third book.