Customer reviews

on 13 June 2017
I have loved every one of these books, started reading and didn't stop until I was finished the book - onto the next one
on 5 September 2016
I love these Hellcat books! Action a plenty. Strong characters and a psychotic cat. Really enjoyable reads. Highly recommended and addictive.
on 9 March 2013
A few days ago I left a fairly negative review of the first book in this series. However, I was interested enough to try this next one, and it is a great improvement.

There is much more plot, the character development is interesting, the world is expanding, and the writing style is now enjoyable. The action sequences are more detailed and held my attention. I'm even beginning to like the heroine and understand her behaviour.

There are still a few places where, for pages at a time, we are told stuff - what decisions have been made, what happened, who did what, etc. (the SMV meeting is a prime example). It would be nice to observe these events rather than being told second hand who was behaving in such and such a manner, and what decision was made..

I am now looking forward to book 3 because if the rate of improvement continues, this series could be really good.
on 27 September 2014
I seem to be in the minority here, but I didn't think that this book ever really came together. It had all the elements that I usually like in urban fantasy. Leatherclad heroine with kickass fighting skills, a beautiful vampire lover, lots of action scenes and some but not too much sex.

Thing was, the heroine seemed to spend twice as much time planning, co-ordinating endless packs of werewolves on raids, and worrying about the sensitivities of her newest hacker, as she did fighting. And the beautiful vampire had very little personality. The action was fine when it came but I felt as if I was sitting through endless committee meetings in between.

Then there was the enemy. I like to know my bad guys, their motivations add conflict and tension to the novel. This bad guy was just a name until shortly before he died. Even then...bullet in the head....gone.

I'm a little baffled by the quanity of 4 and 5 star reviews for this book. It's just not that great. It's not horrible, it's okay. Gave it two rather than 3 stars because I felt that it didn't quite live up to the promise of the first book. Maybe you'll see something in it that I'm missing.
on 7 May 2015
This being the second book from the Hellcat series was a good read. With vampires, werewolves ,shape-shifters . Humans and not forgetting the main character who is a Dhampim called Gabi who owns a cat (Razor), ferret (Slinky)
along the way acquires a dog( Roman oh and razor adopts a baby red squirrel named Rocky. This is just the beginning.
If you enjoy paranormal books then you might enjoy this one. Well written and editing is good too.
Recommended yes. Gave this book 4 stars as the sex scenes didn't seem right in this book.
This is my opinion only, if you don't agree then say so it's always good to hear other people's opinion.
on 14 February 2017
I'm really liking this series the only thing I could fault is the authors interpretation of a Scottish accent!! (it's one of my pet peavs and really irritates me) Fergus comes across sounding more like a pirate than any Scotsman I've every heard an I'm born n bread scottish so I should know a thing or two abt the accent lol
on 27 February 2013
This second book in the series expanded our knowledge and understanding of the characters in a headlong adventure with the cast from the first book. Loved it.
A third book is in the pipeline though impending motherhood may slow the process down.
on 16 November 2012
What's immediately obvious from just the first few chapters of Sharon Hannaford's book two in her Hell Cat series, is that it's action packed drama with wonderfully crafted feisty characters. There is a complete balance between character development, action and romance which Sharon Hanaford handles superbly well.

Book two has a direct link to book one which was effectively linked and progresses smoothly. Yet I think what All Hell Breaks Loose achieves much more so than book one, is that real sense of completeness. I was left feeling totally satisfied.

All Hell Breaks Loose Develops characters that we were beginning to get to know and some that I may just have swooned over from A Cat's Chance in Hell in much more detail. There was a great level of character progression and roundness. Just as with book one, I really enjoyed following Gabi. Her personality is effectively captured by Sharon Hanaford and of course I may just have fell in love with Julius that little bit more.

Overall, I can confidently rate All Hell Breaks Loose a superb 4.5 fabulous fairies, with a round up to 5 for review sites.

This eARC was received for free from the author in exchange for an honest review.
on 19 March 2015
Totally addicted !! I cant put them down.
on 16 January 2013
I really enjoyed this book from the moment I started reading it. The characters have been developed, plenty of action. I can't wait for the next book, hopefully it will not be long.