Customer reviews

Size: Large|Colour: Green|Change

on 4 November 2016
The picture is very deceptive. It is very thin but the worst part is that the outer top and shoulder is not fleece but some synthetic material which makes it look like a a 'donkey-jacket'. Not at all value for money - I am returning mine.
on 5 February 2015
Not very well made. I had to sew a seem where the original makers stitching had missed. Otherwise I like the lenghth, the chunkey zips and the number of pockets.
on 15 August 2016
I like this fleece a lot but the only negative is that it is slightly too big in the standard large size. If you wear L as normal then probably a medium would be a better fit.
That said it is a really good jacket with smart reinforced elbows and shoulders. Decent sized chest pocket and a smaller but useful pocket on the left arm. The two pocket on the main body are also a good size. Nice velcro fasteners on the cuffs.
I have worn this jacket now for a number of weeks and has been excellent in most of the weather we have had this summer. From strong wind to showers it has kept me warm.
I would have given it five stars but for the sizing. That said I could have returned it for a Medium but really needed it for work pretty quickly.
on 30 January 2016
I like this fleece. The fit, finish, and cut are all good. Plenty of room in the sleeves for movement even if you have a sweater underneath. It's a nice shade of green quite properly described as olive. I do think the army stopped using plain green years ago?

It's warm and breathable and great for wearing in light showers since there is a reinforced panel across the shoulders. It's my second Helikon fleece and is much thinner than the Patriot fleece. I'd say it's medium weight about the thermal value of a woolen sweater.

recommended
on 24 September 2016
I not long bought this and its just great. I always read the reveiws before i order anything and thats a big tip for those who don't. A lot of people mentioned about size being moderately larger than expected and so i ordered a medium. One down than usual. Glad i did because it was still slightly large but it can be adjusted. Still very happy with this product though so if anyone wants a decent fleece, buy this one but order a smaller size.
on 13 March 2016
Nicely made comfortable and warm. Very pleased with this item. I bought deliberately too big to accommodate a jumper underneath-normally 46 in chest but found 3xl is nice and roomy for me. 2xl would have been fine as well for my needs. It has a kind of fine mesh lining inside which makes putting it on over another thin fleece much easier. Recommended as very good value at £32.
on 25 March 2016
Great product, fits well, really warm and for the price I'll be buying more of this. I think there better quality than my berghous and North Face. Nice casual for the pub or working in the garden, I would and have recommended this to my pals.
on 5 October 2016
this is my second jacket the first one shrunk once my wife put it in the dryer, the label said it was ok for tumble dryer , i like the jacket a lot , so this one won't be going near the dryer.
on 4 September 2015
This item is great, it fits perfectly it is warm and comfortable and I know that with the material it's made from its going to be hard wearing, I am very pleased with this purchase, some of the reviews I read before I bought it weren't so favourable but for me I think it ticks all the boxes..
on 16 April 2016
This is a decent jacket in terms of design and met my requirement for an everyday jacket that was also suitable for weekend bushcraft in the woods although from a warmth perspective it works best in combination with layers.