Customer reviews

Size: Medium|Change

on 22 June 2016
Well finished classic jacket, top quality. Supplier can suggest the correct size if you are confused!
I Iooked at a size chart and bought a 'large' as it was an inch or so below my usual size. Military 1st provides a return label- which was needed as 'large' was pretty huge on a 6ft / 44" chest...and hanging way off my shoulders. Just received a medium, which is a stylish close fit; with the important proviso that in the case of this jacket, the construction means "stylish close fit - but you can still move comfortably", as the swing back allows your shoulders to move fully, you can lift your arms, reach forward, without the jacket ending up round your ears.
Other good features are, zip is short- means you can sit down, ride a bike, without the jacket riding up. I can get my hands into the chest pockets to find small items. Snaps are good quality, (I tried on an Alpha, and two of them had missing snaps where they had pulled off).
With the liner fitted, it is a bit tighter. I personally don't like padded arms in a jacket anyway so won't be likely to use it much- but the jacket is
comfortable with a fleece gilet underneath for winter. It's pretty cozy anyway as it's already lined, and it's windproof. The hood is only the same material as the lining, so it won't even be showerproof, but that's the same as the over £100 Alpha version... why did they bother?
get a hat!
on 26 March 2013
I work in the motor trade and this jacket fits the bill perfectly Fashionable yet functional. The quality is good and the material is tough yet flexible and with the recent winter chills it's keeps me warm even without the inner quilted jacket.

If there was a bad thing about the jacket it would be the zipper. It's to industrial and big. Apart from that no other complaints. Also buy a size down from your normal size.
on 25 April 2015
As was already stated in the description, "get a medium for a more tailored fit".. However, being a bit of a primate standing at 5'9" with an ape factor of +2 and a 42" chest, I thought I'd be ok.. The jacket turned out to be be suited to those of even more Neanderthal proportions, with very long arms and a thicker set torso.. Had to return and get a medium as a replacement, which still has long sleeves but overall fits a lot better!
on 23 August 2016
I like the jacket and it seems warm, but the size S was much too large for me. I'm 174cm long with a 97cm chest and have owned Alpha Industries M65 jackets in the past that fit me perfectly. It's unfortunate that I had to return this one.
on 3 July 2014
Love it. Keeps the wind out and is very warm.
BEWARE - if you usually buy 'LARGE' forget it - buy 'MEDIUM'. The measurements are very generous.
I bought a Medium and it is much more 'tailored'.
on 19 January 2016
A nice and well made M-1965 jacket. It features the original cut & style with just a touch of modern (Velcro), in the 'Nyco' fabric too. The included cold weather liner was to the same high standard. Probably the nearest cut and finish to the 1965 original jacket I've seen / tried; a very good jacket indeed.
on 6 December 2016
This is my second jacket, the first was in Olive Green colour. The jacket is really solid and quite heavy weight and really good strong thick material. The quilted liner (removable) makes the jacket really quite warm.
on 16 December 2015
Brilliant coat for freezing weather with the liner attached.

These jackets do come up big, I normally wear XL but Large fits me perfectly
on 14 January 2016
Far too small, have returned it as the smaller size was actually slightly bigger. One size up no good, Xmas was good but not that good.
on 4 January 2016
I’m 5’10 and weigh about 13.5 stone. I bought the medium Helikon M65 and it fits me fine but has a slightly looser fit than the medium Brandit M65 that I had recently tried. I think this may just be down to the removable liner though as the Brandit did seem to be thicker than the one in the Helikon. The Helikon, though £20 dearer, does seem to be better quality overall than the Brandit and I think will last longer. If you fancy an M65 jacket then you won’t be disappointed with this one.
The downsides are that the sleeves are tightened by Velcro which will probably wear out quicker than the rest of the jacket and the main zip is a bit difficult to do up at first. As I’ve started wearing it this has become easier though and I might buy some Beeswax to help it loosen up. I also haven’t tried the hood but you won’t be buying this jacket for the hood.