on 11 July 2017
I can't believe a reviewer moaned about this book containing too much detail! If i want scant details I read the mail, if I want the nitty gritty I buy a
book. And this is some book. A rivetting brilliant read in much the same style as Piers Paul Reads book about the train robbers in 1976. Howard Sounes has gone way beyond what would have sufficed in this often stunning story about a group of mental midgets pulling off the heist of the century. A modern classic already.
on 17 February 2016
I bought this book by accident. However, once I started reading it, it was brilliant.

This is about the Tunbridge Wells robbery which is very detailed and has a lot of people involved in, what was, a very slick operation.

Read for the sheer shock factor.
on 12 May 2016
Brilliant book, read it 4 times now and eagerly awaiting the movie !!
on 9 June 2017
very good read
on 14 January 2018
So good this book I could read it again so detailed and interesting would recommend it to anyone looking for a good book.
on 25 March 2015
Saw a piece about this book somewhere and bought it on a whim . It turned out to be an excellent decision. This is a well researched and well written book very funny in places as you read about the amateurish planning etc but also very serious when you are dealing with some hardened criminals.
on 12 June 2012
If Your into True crime then read this story. Unbelievable. first, how they even managed to get into this cash depot without an alarm going off. Then All the mistakes leading up to and after the robbery, can only be described as Dumb and Dumber, If only they had planned it out properly, who knows how Manny of this gang would have got clean away with it. Written brilliantly with plenty facts and with a touch of humour its a must.
on 30 October 2017
I have to keep reminding myself this robbery actually happened. This book is so full of details it is like having a TV documentary coming straight off the page. Almost finished it and I totally recommend it - if you're into real-life reporting then you will find this book enthralling.
on 14 October 2012
A fascinating look into the Criminal underworld, well reasearched, the book neither glamourises or condemns Crime just tells you what happened. I can't believe no no one has made the film yet!?.
Having lived in South East London & Kent since the 80's it's possible i could have rubbed shoulders with any one of the people involved. I must admit I havn'nt finished it yet but the book definitely holds the readers attention.
on 13 March 2011
I was first attracted to this book because the robbery happened where I grew up. Not to mention that £1.3 million was sat a couple of hundred yards from my house in a white van at the Ashford International Hotel. I have lost count of how many times I must have driven past that van on the day it was dumped there.

This true story is written in an easy way, even the long legal cases are written in a manner that is easy to read. The author has a talent for telling a story whilst still giving the facts collected. On the areas of the case that are still "grey areas" the author gives the facts and allows the reader to make their own opinions. What is better than reading a crime novel that leaves you still to answer questions.

I thought I knew a lot about this case being so close in proximity to where it occurred but this book has given me even more facts. On the questions of the conspirators that were acquitted of the charges I have made my own opinions about them, as you will.

I thoroughly good read which leaves just one big question unanswered, just where is the other half of all that money that no one has found.