- Save 10% on Books for Schools offered by Amazon.co.uk when you purchase 10 or more of the same book. Here's how (terms and conditions apply) Enter code SCHOOLS2016 at checkout. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Heinemann Advanced History: Cold War in Europe and Asia Paperback – 25 Jul 2001
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I must reiterate that further reading would be required after having finished this book. But that's the true beauty of it. It's so simple and so concise that when you read more complex works such as John Lewis Gaddis' 'The Cold War', you end up analysing as you read - making valuable connections between Gaddis' points and Philips' conclusions. Philips' 'The Cold War' provides its reader with the fundamental knowledge required to understand the more basic and simplistic elements of this 20th Century war.
The problem I've noticed about other reviewers is that they tend to rate this book with the assumption that this isn't meant for easy reading. Which is an absolutely wrong approach, because it is. I recommend this to anyone who's thinking of delving into Cold War studies, General History, or International Relations. But once again, let me just say that this book is best treated as a stepping stone to more complex history books rather than a main source.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
For those looking to bridge the gap between some of the overly simplistic GCSE materials available and AS level study - this book fills the niche perfectly. Read morePublished on 27 Mar. 2012 by kavclan
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Edwardian and Early 20th Century 1901-1913
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Inter-war Period 1919-1938
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Wales
- Books > History > Essays, Journals, Letters & True Accounts > 20th Century
- Books > History > Europe > Early 20th Century 1901-1913
- Books > History > Europe > Inter-war Period 1919-1938
- Books > History > Europe > Russia
- Books > History > North America > Early 20th Century 1901-1913
- Books > History > North America > Inter-war Period 1919-1938
- Books > History > World History > 1901-1913
- Books > History > World History > Inter-war Period 1919-1938
- Books > School Books