- Enjoy £1.00 credit to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 credit per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
The Hedgehog Reg 2 DVD
Get £1 Off Amazon Video*
|Price:||£16.09 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Based on a best-selling novel, first-time writer/director Mona Achach's charming and thoughtful The Hedgehog is the story of an unexpected encounter. Paloma, an exceptionally intelligent 11 year old (played by Garance Le Guillermic) wants to end it all on her 12th birthday.Fascinated by art and philosophy, she documents her life and immediate circle, drawing trenchant and often hilarious observations on the world around her within a Parisian apartment building. But as her birthday approaches, Paloma finally meets some kindred spirits in her solitary concierge Renee Michel (Josiane Balasko) and an enigmatic and elegant neighbour Mr Kakuro Ozu (Togo Igawa).
Freely inspired by Moroccan-born Muriel Barbery's international literary success, The Hedgehog leaves a deep impression. No car chases, no expolsions, no convoluted plot twists - yet its utterly captivating simply because the characters are so well drawn and full of humanity.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Although the character of Paloma is well acted, I found the idea of an 11 year old wanting to kill herself to 'avoid being a goldfish in a bowl' - her vision of adult life, very unconvincing, and I found myself getting impatient during those parts of the film.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
One of the best books I have ever read warm human original Go read it!Published 3 months ago by Mrs. Valerie Ann Stead
Read the book and don't bother with the film.
I'm tempted to say it is dreadful but that's probably a little unfair. Read more