- Hardcover: 480 pages
- Publisher: Zondervan (1 Dec. 1998)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0310493900
- ISBN-13: 978-0310493907
- Product Dimensions: 16.5 x 3.8 x 24.1 cm
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (7 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 423,162 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Hebrews (NIV Application Commentary) Hardcover – 1 Dec 1998
|New from||Used from|
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
Most Bible commentaries take us on a one-way trip from the twentieth century to the first century. But they leave us there, assuming that we can somehow make the return journey on our own. In other words, they focus on the original meaning of the passage but don't discuss its contemporary application. The information they offer is valuable -- but the job is only half done! The NIV Application Commentary Series helps us with both halves of the interpretive task. This new and unique series shows readers how to bring an ancient message into modern context. It explains not only what the Bible means but also how it can speak powerfully today. The NIV Application Commentary series helps with both halves of Bible study. It builds a bridge from the past to the world we live in -- explaining not only what the Bible meant, but also how it can speak powerfully today.
About the Author
George H. Guthrie (PhD, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary) serves as the Benjamin W. Perry Professor of Bible at Union University in Jackson, Tennessee. As a specialist in New Testament and Greek, he is the author of numerous articles and four books including the volume Hebrews in the NIV Application Commentary series.See all Product description
Top Customer Reviews
As for Guthrie on 'Hebrews', you could not choose a more able guide. His helpful comments will start you off, fill out your perspective, and enable you to engage with the significance of Hebrews for today. Excellent!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This book does not require you to have an understanding of Greek.
It is written for the layperson and gives a good grounding in this fascinating book of Hebrews. Read more
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Bible > Bible Studies > New Testament > Commentaries
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Bible > Commentaries > Letters
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Bible > Concordances
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Bible > Criticism & Interpretation
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Christianity > Theology > Bible