Heaven on Earth: A Handbook for Parents of Young Children Paperback – 1 Aug 2006
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
About the Author
Sharifa Oppenheimer was the founding teacher of the Charlottesville Waldorf School, Virginia, where she taught kindergarten for twenty-one years and served as day care director of the early-childhood program. She has helped develop new teachers through teacher-training programs at Sunbridge College in New York State, and at Rudolf Steiner College near Sacramento as a master teacher offering practicum and internship opportunities. She has written many articles on Waldorf education, helping the parents of her students create supportive home environments. Recently she initiated a home-based kindergarten program, The Rose Garden. Sharifa is the mother of three grown sons, who received Waldorf educations. She lives in an enchanted forest in Virginia.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
We've used many of these ideas with our children and they've responded beautifully. It's wonderful to see young children choosing natural play rather than plastic battery operated toys. The gentle support given by the author to help build a nurturing, safe and happy family life is like having your own Fairy Godmother in the room helping to bring up the children.
It's packed with practical ideas on developing a rhythm to family life, indoor and outdoor play, celebrating seasons etc. If there is only one book you ever read about nurturing young children, this has to be the very best one to choose.
Thank you to the author for sharing what she has found to work, both with her own family and in her Kindergarten.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > School Systems > Waldorf (Steiner)
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Families & Parents > Raising Children > Child Development
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Families & Parents > Raising Children > Discipline
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Social & Developmental Psychology > Child & Developmental
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Education Studies